Position Title: Director of Communications
Salary: Negotiable based on education and experience
Supervisor: Director of Special Events
Position Status/Class: Full-time, Salary, Exempt
Immanuel’s Church is looking for a top notch, skilled graphic designer to fill the Director of Communications position. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment with an opportunity to explore your creativity, expand your professional portfolio and make a difference. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. See the attached announcement and respond as required.
The Director of Communications will work closely with the overseeing Pastor of Community Relations; and will work in tandem with the Immanuel’s bulletin editor and the Camp marketing director, as well as with the wider Church Communications, Special Events, Technical Arts, Community Events and Website teams.
Education and Qualifications
* A degree in Design, Communications or related field with at least 3 years professional experience
* Advanced graphic design skills, with solid working knowledge of Apple hardware/software, Adobe CS5
(specifically, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
* Knowledge of image-editing and desktop publishing software
* Excellent writing and communications skills, including professional experience in crafting press releases, annual reports,
articles, and advertisements
* Familiarity with accessing local and national media
* Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills
* Web page and social-media trends knowledge
* Strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
* Experienced in handling sensitive and confidential management issues
* Able to adhere to tight Deadlines
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with senior leadership
* The ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages, and disseminate it to the right
audiences (management and support staff) through the best distribution channels
* Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
* Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
* High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications
discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
* Sincere commitment to work alongside of all pastors, staff, volunteers, and outside vendors
* Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Please send cover letter, resume and digital portfolio of artwork to Angela Gracey, PHR, at email@example.com or fax to 301-989-1640.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Graphic Artist/WriterNorth Avenue Presbyterian Church
- Atlanta, Georgia
- October 24
Communications DirectorChapel Hill Bible Church
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- October 20
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Creative Arts / Communications DirectorCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Immanuel’s Church on New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring, welcomes everyone to worship with us. Immanuel’s is an intercultural, intergenerational, Spirit-filled celebration community that is redemptive, restoring, teaching, equipping, benevolent, and evangelizing. Our mission is to know Jesus Christ and make Him known, and we do so through prophetic worship, the anointed Word, fervent evangelism, and apostolic missions.More...