This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Family and Youth Ministries
Memorial United Methodist Church
Quarryville, Pennsylvania, United States
Date Posted: 03/13/2012
Categories: Family Pastor - Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
The person who holds the position of Director of Family and Youth Ministries is responsible for program development, recruiting, and training volunteer leaders, and providing guidance in three very important areas of ministry within our church. Those areas include 1. Youth Ministry; 2. Family Ministry; and 3. Educational Activities/Church Administration.
Youth Ministry (7th through 12th Grades)
50% of the time is expected to be spent leading the youth ministry, developing solid volunteer support, envisioning the direction and implementing the programming.
25% of this person’s time should be devoted to developing activities, programs, etc. that strengthen the families within our church. We encourage consideration to include those who are unmarried, and families with only one parent,
divorced or comprised of blended families.
Educational Activities and Church Administrative Duties
The remaining 25% would provide oversight of these ministries:
• Christian Education (Sunday School Programming)
• Young Adults (18 - 25 yrs)
• Vacation Bible School
• Statistical record keeping relative to the job position
Skills required for the position:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited Bible College
• Experience in a related position preferred, but not required
• Be able to develop, organize and administer effective ministries
• Be outgoing and comfortable with visitors and long-time members alike
• Have proficient writing and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate competence in computer technology including word processing and media presentations
• Be efficient while multitasking
• Be open-minded to the ideas of others
Character / Biblical Philosophy
• Have a passion for family, youth and adult ministry
• Commit to following the guidelines of the UMC Book of Discipline
The Director of Family and Youth Ministries will have an office on site at the church. The nature of the position requires hours that are flexible, including Sunday morning worship, youth meetings and activities, evening meetings for program administration and certainly in-office access for members. It’s expected that Memorial UMC would become the “home” church for the person accepting this position. Overall, it’s expected that the position would require 40 hours per week (including Sunday worship) plus occasional hours as needed to provide programming and staff needs.
The position reports directly to the Senior Pastor and the SPRC Committee.
Salary and benefits:
$25,000.00 - $ 35,000.00 base salary
Approx. $17,500.00 benefits to cover health, continuing education.
Vacation: 1 week (5 work days) after 6 months of service. 1 more week (5 work days) after the 9th month of service. Subsequent years, beginning June 1, 2013 would include 2 weeks of vacation, scheduled with approval of the Senior Pastor and SPRC Committee.
Position start date:
June 1, 2012