This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Austin, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 11/08/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Denominations: Bible Church
Church Size: 2001 to 2500
Job Type: Full-Time
-We are an Orange philosophy church. Must be committed to the Orange philosophy and understand how to create and implement culturally relevant environments.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Ministry, Education or related field. Grad degree is a plus, but not required.
-Must have experience in leading a children’s ministry for a minimum of 3 years with an average attendance of 400 -500 children.
- A burning desire to share the life of Jesus with children and see them begin and grow in Christian faith.
- Has successfully built and created a children's ministry, implemented the plan, and watched it grow and flourish.
- Successful track record of supporting and working with a wide variety of staff, volunteer workers, parents and children.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability of working successfully within a team.
- Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions.
-Study and understand the spiritual and other developmental needs of children within the church and in the greater community the church serves.
-Coordinate ideas into a plan to provide ministries to children.
-Administrate children’s programs and ministries such as small groups, nursery, preschool, children’s church, etc.
-Represent children and bring their needs and concerns before the church’s staff and the congregation.
-Work with the Executive Pastor to determine short-term and long-term goals for the church’s children’s ministry.
-Recruit and retain a willing and enthusiastic staff of children’s volunteers.
-Provide training and support for volunteers in the children’s ministry.
-Communicate with children’s ministry leaders to coordinate calendar, events, and staffing needs.
-Mentor and develop other potential leaders for various aspects of ministry to children.
-Ensure that the church’s ministries for children run smoothly and excellently.
-Prepare and administrate the annual children’s ministry budget.
-Understand and implement the Orange philosophy.
-Develop and maintain appropriate safety and security guidelines for children’s ministry programs, including criminal background checks for staff and volunteers and implementing training on child protection, health issues, and other procedures to ensure the safety and security of children participating in the church’s ministries.
-Remain current on trends, teaching methods, materials, promotional ideas, administrative methods, and other children’s ministry techniques, and implement these as appropriate.
-Direct (or delegate direction of) related children’s ministries such as midweek programs and children’s Christmas program.
-Coordinate childcare for special church events.
-Responsible for the check in/checkout process and has oversight authority for decisions during Sunday services and all children’s ministry programming.