This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor of Worship, Music & Drama
Stoney Creek Church
Goldsboro, North Carolina, United States
Date Posted: 11/08/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Stoney Creek Church, a growing and going church located in Goldsboro, NC with an active membership of 600+ is searching for a full time Associate Pastor of Worship, Music & Drama to join it’s current staff. The Church is affiliated with the Convention of Original Free Will Baptist, headquartered in Ayden, NC. This is a local church with an active membership and ministry. Three different worship services are offered each Sunday morning. Traditional Worship is scheduled for 8:30 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. A Contemporary Worship Service is scheduled for 9:45 a.m.
The primary responsibilities of this position will be to work in cooperation with Staff and volunteers to plan and lead all music and drama. This will include, but not be limited to, the following; Sunday Worship Services, other Worship Services as they may be developed, Cantatas, Seasonal Events such as Easter Dramas and Christmas plays, dramas, and church wide Christmas activities. The Associate Pastor of Worship, Music & Drama will help develop children and youth choirs and teen bands.
We are searching for a team player who possesses the skills to communicate and cooperate effectively with the Church Staff and Congregation.
Qualifications which will be considered include:
· A strong Christian who has working knowledge of Biblical foundations
· Familiarity with Free Will Baptist doctrine and willingness to join the Free Will Baptist Church
· High morals, integrity & values
· A heart for Jesus and a love for worshipping Him
· College degree with emphasis in worship/music/drama
· Knowledge of all types of music
· Pleasant singing voice, capable of leading others in singing
· Energetic, Motivated, Positive Attitude
· Strong people skills and the ability to encourage others
· Love for traditional & contemporary music
· Ability to lead a choir & musicians (both traditional and contemporary)
· Ability to recruit and work with volunteers
· Ability to play musical instruments(s)
· An effective communicator & teacher
· Experienced in drama
· Experience leading a choir with success
· Working knowledge of audio and visual equipment, Word or WordPerfect, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint, Media Shout
· Willingness to work with children's and youth choir/music groups
One of the most important qualities we are seeking in an Associate Pastor of Worship, Music & Drama is that this person is fully convinced that he or she is being led to Stoney Creek Church by the Holy Spirit.
The Associate Pastor of Worship, Music & Drama of Stoney Creek Church should be able to lead our choir(s), musicians, singers, members and visitors to be the best they can be as disciples of Jesus Christ. He or she should also be able to lead all worshipers to a close encounter with God as they worship.
Those interested in this position are encouraged to send a resume to Gary M. Bailey, Senior Pastor, Stoney Creek Church, 752 Stoney Creek Church Road, Goldsboro, NC 27534 or email him at email@example.com. A DVD showing the candidate leading worship will be very welcomed but is not required.