This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
LifeGroups & Connections
Ooltewah, Tennessee, United States
Date Posted: 11/07/2011
Categories: Small Group Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
LifeGroup & Connections
ChristWay Community Church is looking for someone with a passion for Christ, a heart for people, strong organizational gifts and experience in LifeGroup & Connections ministries. We are committed to developing each person into a fully devoted follower of Christ. We want to change the way you think about church.
Connections is not just a system for tracking and contacting visitors but has the goal of each attendee feeling ownership with church mission and being actively involved in serving others. LifeGroups are the central component and strategy for growing community within ChristWay where the three-fold mission is to:
• Grow in our commitment to the person of Christ
• Grow in our connection to the body of Christ
• Grow in our contribution to the mission of Christ
This position is a key member of the leadership team with the two-fold responsibility of taking people from the market place to full participation in the church and to lead the overall vision, focus, and strategy of the LifeGroups Ministry.
Connections Responsibilities Include:
• Act as point person for the Connections ministry.
• Develop and document Connections process by:
1. Removing any barriers to guests attending this church,
2. Moving first time guests to becoming fully developing members,
3. Measuring and documenting discipleship progress,
4. Engaging the congregation in volunteer mission and ministry activities, and
5. Creating systems to determine and address individuals whose involvement is decreasing so that no one is “dropped” or leaves “via the back door” without the church becoming aware and intervening.
• Maintain a data base of the congregation and their current involvement in the church (LifeGroups, volunteer and interest groups, student ministries, etc.) This system should include attendance, communication at the group level, and track/report on various requests for membership, baptism, LifeGroup, etc.
• Develop leaders and train teams that can execute the connection and volunteer system processes.
• Accepts other duties as assigned.
• Volunteer System Responsibilities Include:
• Work with the various areas that utilize volunteers. Help the leaders in those areas with identifications of potential new volunteers.
• Maintain a database of potential volunteers with their skills and spiritual gifts that each area can utilize.
LifeGroups Responsibilities Include:
• Act as point person for the LifeGroup ministry.
• Must be able to accept the challenge and produce an ever growing number of home group leaders and apprentices, which serve as the central relationship-building and teaching mechanism of ChristWay Community Church.
• Provide a strategic plan for the immediate and future growth of LifeGroups within our ministry, with the goal of having a LifeGroup available for every member of our church body. Currently, we are at 50% participation by our congregation.
• Oversee recruitment of Leader(s) for LifeGroups
• Training & Equipping Leaders/Apprentices
• Development of a tracking system to monitor ongoing LifeGroups and keep track of growth and health of all ministry LifeGroups on a weekly basis.
• Launch new LifeGroups.
• Develop LifeGroup curriculum that is in concert with ongoing sermon series.
RECOMMENDED QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
• An ongoing relationship with Jesus Christ demonstrated through regular prayer, bible study, and worship attendance.
• Godly character demonstrated through commitment to personal growth and development, commitment to community, commitment to work as a team player, commitment to excellence and a servant’s heart
• Enthusiastic willingness to serve Christ and His church.
• Maturity of Christian character and gifts of discernment.
• Possess gifts of leadership and administration
• Proven experience in leading both Connections and LifeGroup ministries.
• Self starter and proactive in development of Connections and LifeGroup ministries.
• Experience in managing people and projects.
• Good listening skills, patience, and perseverance.
• Attentive to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to plan, organize and multitask in a deadline intensive environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, networking and supervisory skills.
• College degree or seminary degree is preferred. Past experience in Connections & LifeGroup leadership may be considered equivalent.
• Computer literate and solid user of PC/MAC software.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work closely with and serve as an effective leadership team member.
To help us in our assessment please provide the following documents in a .pdf format and send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Resume with references
Your Salvation Experience
Why are you interested in this position?
A brief and concise paper on how you fulfill the Recommended Qualifications and Characteristics listed above.
Links to personal sites (website, facebook, twitter,etc.)
Recent picture of yourself. (family also if you like)
*Please utilize email only for all communication