This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Media
Christ Church Anglican
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 11/07/2011
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Christ Church offers four unique worship services in our Overland Park, Kansas, location, ranging from:
• A classic choir and organ service with communion at 8 am
• A fresh communion service with contemporary band at 9:30 am
• A less formal version of the 9:30 service at 11:00 am
• And a casual service with band at 5:00 pm in our multipurpose space.
CCA’s weekly attendance of 800 is uniquely diverse in age and style. We are a church that is deeply committed to prayer, families, growing in the likeness of Christ, caring for one another, and social transformation at a local and international level. In addition, Christ Church belongs in the Anglican Mission (www.theamia.org), and receives oversight from Bishop Todd Hunter (www.toddhunter.org) and is a member of the Churches for the Sake of Others Network (www.myholytrinitychurch.com/churches/)
The Director of Media is responsible for everything related to audio, graphics and video in the Sunday services, special services (Christmas Eve, Easter, etc) and throughout the week. Christ Church is moving more in the direction of using video and graphics in Sunday services, on our website (www.christchurchop.org) and within the ministries of the church. The full time position of Director of Media will include approximately 75% work in the area of graphics and video and 25% in the area of audio, with the majority of audio happening on Sundays.
(It is possible to divide this full time position into two part time positions depending on the qualifications of the applicants.)
1. Demonstrated experience in video production. Please provide portfolio.
2. Experience with the graphics systems used at Christ Church including Pro Presenter 4, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, and other Illustrators
3. Familiarity with the audio equipment at Christ Church including analog and digital consoles (Yamaha LS-9 32)
4. Demonstrated experience in mixing audio
1. Train volunteers how to run the graphics of a worship service.
2. Train qualified volunteers how to run audio for a worship service.
3. Create volunteer schedule for the worship services.
4. Create instructions for graphics and sound systems used by ministries.
5. Repair and/or maintain the audio systems. Includes ordering parts, purchasing batteries for wireless systems, etc.
6. Create video illustrations for sermons.
7. Work with worship team and Director of Communications to create sermon series slides and other artwork used on Sunday mornings.
8. Create picture slideshows and/or video montages for any different ministry areas as needed.
9. Upload sermons/teachings to the website.
10. Burn and label requested sermons and sermon series on CD.
11. Work with Director of Communications to create slideshow for announcements – to be shown on the LCD TVs throughout building
12. Meet weekly with Worship Planning Team and contribute to the creative elements of Sunday services.
13. In the near future, create video-based announcements, starting once a month and increasing frequency over time.
1. Installing sound, lighting, and /or video systems throughout building
2. Maintaining stage lighting systems
3. Participate in staff meeting, worship team meeting, Outreach and the Arts meetings
If interested in this position, please contact Kirk Wulff, firstname.lastname@example.org , 913-648-2271 x 208, or 913-226-0595 (mobile)