This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Creative Arts Pastor
Decatur, Alabama, United States
Date Posted: 11/07/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Are you called to serve in the DEEP SOUTH? Then perhaps God is calling you to work with Lead Pastors, IV and Bene Marsh, and Creative Arts Pastor, Travis Cherry on staff at Epic Church (www.epicchurch.tv).
Find out if you’re an ideal candidate by answering these questions for yourself:
-Are you passionate about raising up musicians and volunteer leaders, and leading a proven music and worship planning system?
-Can you help lead and grow an Epic Church location in a multi-site setting?
-Can you provide leadership at one of our multi-site locations, joining with our worship arts staff to lead worship at a very high level, bring musical excellence to the stage, to worship planning, to be a vital part in growing one of our locations, and cultivate highly experienced musicians in the greater North Alabama area?
-Are you interested in helping a growing church continue to grow?
-Do you have a high view 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach the un-churched?
-This is not a pastoral care position, but an equipping position to make a difference with the great staff at Epic Church.
- A Solid Calling to the DEEP SOUTH
- Willingness to live in the area of your site location
- The ability to manage a large and growing Music Team system
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- A team player
- A high level understanding of music and music direction in a modern/rock context
- Ability to lead worship while playing guitar necessary
- Ability to create chord charts required
- Degree or 'ministry experience' equivalent in music and worship leading
- A positive attitude
- A risk taker
- A passion for music and the arts
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the un-churched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Ready to work hard to see a location grow and build exceptional teams - Willing to do whatever it takes!
- Membership at Epic Church or at your own home church
- Serve on a volunteer team at Epic Church or at your own home church
- Faithful history of tithing at Epic Church or at your own home church
If you are confident that you fit the bill, we want to talk to you! Send your application packet to: email@example.com
1. Take some tests:
a) Strengthsfinder 2.0 Purchase and read the book and take the test. Make sure to not to buy a used book - the code to take the test is only valid for a single use.
b) DISC Leadership Profile Pay online, click through any browser warnings - no worries it's all good
2. Self discovery:
Complete the Work History and Self Assessment form available upon request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to include the results from the tests completed in step 1.
3. Assemble your application packet:
Your finished application packet should include the following:
a) Cover Letter*
b) Resume including at least 5 references
c) Recent photo of yourself
d) Work History and Self Assessment form including test scores
4. Send it in:
Make sure you’ve completed each of the steps; we can’t consider any applications that are not complete.
*Only application packets accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 3 questions:
(1) Why you are interested in this position?
(2) How are you familiar with Epic Church ministry philosophy?
(3) What makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
Please send your completed packet and cover letter to email@example.com.
Sorry, but emailing our pastors and staff or contacting the church in other ways instead of filling out the application packet as prescribed, only shows that you can’t follow instructions and thus you won’t be considered.