This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lakeland Community Church
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, United States
Date Posted: 11/03/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
Position: Part Time Children’s Pastor
-The Children’s Pastor will be responsible for the ministry serving birth through 5th grade students. This will include planning children’s events and programs; developing programs and opportunities for ministering to families; evaluation and implementation of curriculum programs, coordination of special services; training, education and development of volunteers.
Current ministries are:
-Sunday mornings- LittleLife and KidsLife
-Wednesday evenings-partnership with a local church in Awana program (responsibility is to continually support this ministry with support volunteers.)
Applicants must include a cover letter stating why they desire the position, a recent picture, as well as a complete resume with references. This should be sent to email@example.com.
Lakeland is a non-denomination bible church located in the heart of Walworth County, WI. Its location is a blessing in the sense that it draws from all the surrounding cities. (Population of approximately 50,000 within 10 miles of Lakeland) We’re also ideally located about an hour from Madison, Milwaukee, and Rockford, IL. Lakeland is less then 14 years old and in those years has accrued land, has built a beautiful building, and has a solid base of families who’s lives have been changed by the power of Jesus. Lakeland is purposeful in reaching the unengaged, introducing them to Jesus, and growing as His followers. We don’t like to beat around the bush and play church, but instead motivate and activate His followers to go and be the church. Just over a year ago Lakeland hired it’s current Sr. Pastor Josh Amstutz. Since his arrival the church has grown significantly. Pastor Josh and his wife Lisa definitely are an attraction to young families as they have 7 young children of their own…and no they don’t home school. Lakeland has a contemporary, down to earth, edgy, raw, and relevant feel. We’re not afraid to make mistakes and take risks as the Holy Spirit leads us. If that flavor sounds like you, you might be the right person to join our team.
• Heart, passion & calling for children.
• Experience in Children’s ministry.
• Seeking a dynamic, outgoing and vision driven individual.
• Spirit filled.
• Ability to recruit, lead, train and motivate volunteers.
• Ability to create learning and growing atmosphere for volunteers.
• Scheduling of volunteers.
• Pro-active & self motivated.
• Pastoral care to team and children of the church.
• Pre-plan for upcoming events, which includes recruiting, logistical and acquisition strategies, budget planning, etc.
• Team player with Senior Pastor, staff members and key leaders.
• Effective communication (verbal, written and electronic) with children, parents, staff, volunteers, peers and community.
• Attend staff meetings and prayer sessions with pastoral and department staff.
• Vision casting to team in relation to the senior pastor’s vision.
• Review, update, write or purchase classroom curriculum.
• Update, organize, and manage classroom spaces.
• Other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with experience.
This is for a part-time/ 20 hour a week position