This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Sugar Land, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 12/07/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor - Christian Education
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Accepting resumes and applications from any denomination.
Mid to Large Nondenominational Church of Christ is seeking a Children's Minister.
Executive Minister for Birth through 5th grades.
Description of duties
- Study and understand the spiritual and other developmental needs of children within the church and in the greater community the church serves.
- Coordinate ideas into a plan to provide ministries to children.
- Administrate children’s programs and ministries such as Sunday school, nursery, preschool, children’s church, children’s sermons, etc.
- Represent children and bring their needs and concerns before the church’s staff and the congregation.
- Work with the senior pastor and/or Christian education committee to determine short-term and long-term goals for the church’s children’s ministry.
- Recruit and retain a willing and enthusiastic staff of children’s workers.
- Provide training and support for volunteers in the children’s ministry.
- Communicate with children’s ministry leaders to coordinate calendar, events, and staffing needs.
- Mentor and develop other potential leaders for various aspects of ministry to children.
- Ensure that the church’s ministries for children run smoothly and excellently.
- Prepare and administrate the annual children’s ministry budget.
- Assess and recommend and/or purchase curriculum for children’s ministry programs.
- Develop and maintain appropriate safety and security guidelines for children’s ministry programs, including criminal background checks for staff and volunteers and implementing training on child protection, health issues, and other procedures to ensure the safety and security of children participating in the church’s ministries.
- Remain current on trends, teaching methods, materials, promotional ideas, administrative methods, and other children’s ministry techniques, and implement these as appropriate.
- Assist with planning and conducting special projects and activities such as camps and retreats for children.
- Direct (or delegate direction of) related children’s ministries, such as Vacation Bible School, midweek programs, and children’s Christmas program.
- Coordinate childcare for special church events (musical programs, community outreach events, etc.).
- Responsible for setup of rooms, oversees the check in/checkout process and has oversight authority for decisions during Sunday and Wednesday services and all children’s ministry programming.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Ministry, Education or related field. Grad degree is a plus, but not required.
- Committed to a personal relationship with Jesus.
- A burning desire to share the life of Jesus with children and see them begin and grow in Christian faith.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Has successfully built and created a children's ministry, implemented the plan, and watched it grow and flourish.
- A love for children and desire to minister to them and their families.
- Successful track record of supporting and working with a wide variety of staff, volunteer workers, parents and grandparents, children.
- An understanding of how to recruit, empower, develop, and retain adult volunteers.
- Oversee screening process for new volunteers including background checks, reference checks, and interviews.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability of working successfully within a team.
- Excellent and a commitment to communication.
- A commitment to Passing on and reproducing themselves in others.
- The ability to communicate with parents.
- Demonstrates evidence of a Christ-like attitude in words and actions.
- The ability to take and give constructive criticism.
- Committed to vision, values, and beliefs of the church.
- Outgoing and extroverted.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Loves children and demonstrates patience in dealing with them.
To apply, please forward your resume, preferably, as a WORD document along with salary history to
Sandy Swann, Partner Search Services
Executive Search | Talent Acquisition | Human Resources Consulting
email@example.com | 281-343-7851| www.solomonswann.com
LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=2883689&trk=tab_pro
National Personnel Association, Member 5850