This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 11/03/2011
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
Position: Audio/Visual (A/V) Technician (Part-Time)
Principal Function: Planning, coordinating and preparing the sound and visual presentations of the music ministry of the Church for four (4) weekly services (Sunday morning and Wednesday night).
Responsible To: Associate Pastor of Worship
Imperative Duties: Maintain daily personal walk with Christ. Adequately meet the needs of your given role in the technical areas of the church. Be supportive of the Pastoral and church staff, and working in unity with the Worship and A/V Teams on all occasions. Contribute to the overall ministry and vision of FBCRPB.
Primary Responsibilities and Goals:
1. Partner with the Worship Pastor in planning the elements, specifically sound and visual, for all worship services. This is done through evaluation and planning each week, setting up for each services technical needs, mixing sound during rehearsals, pre-service warm ups, as well as maintaining and caring for all equipment.
2. Provide periodic and scheduled training sessions with volunteer staff. (This will be scheduled on an ‘as needed’ basis with the Worship Pastor).
3. Work with Pastoral Staff, Worship Leaders, and A/V Team to identify needs for sound, lighting and video to better plan ministries and evaluate current ministries.
4. Participate in weekly rehearsal for Worship Team (currently held on Wednesday night).
5. Prepare monthly schedules for A/V Team with Worship Pastor using Planning Center Online.
6. Be willing and able to assist other staff members and leaders in church wide A/V needs when possible.
7. Respond to all other instructions and suggestions offered by the Pastors.
1. When possible evaluate and review other successful venues and use of equipment.
2. Remain knowledgeable and current on new and modern A/V equipment and practices.
Compensation: This is a part-time position without benefits. The number of hours per week and the hourly rate is currently negotiable.