This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Lead Pastor of Student Ministry
Wheaton Bible Church
West Chicago, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 11/02/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Wheaton Bible Church, located approximately 35 miles west of Chicago, is committed to making disciples who make disciples, and seeing those disciples progressively love God, grow together and reach the world. We have a long history of a large dynamic and well led student ministry. Our commitment to the Gospel, the Word of God and discipleship has been the foundation for a well respected and leading church in our area. Our robust and committed Student Ministry has been instrumental in both developing the spiritual lives of students and reaching students who don’t know Christ as their Savior.
We are seeking a full-time Lead Pastor of Student Ministry. The purpose of this position is to advance evangelism and disciple making at WBC through leading and empowering our Student Ministry team and through equipping and supporting parents in their disciple-making roles at home. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic visionary leader with strong teaching and communication gifts.
1. Provide dynamic leadership for the development of Student Ministry staff and volunteer staff, including vision casting, lay team training, and discipleship.
2. Oversee staff in developing faith of students and in reaching students who do not know Christ.
3. Provide vision for a balanced approach that addresses the discipleship and shepherding needs of students, volunteers and parents.
4. Be an innovator and catalyst for partnering with parents as they seek to make disciples of their students at home.
5. Work with the Staff Leadership and Discipleship teams to assure a coordinated plan for discipleship and shepherding of students.
6. Skillfully teach the Word and preach the Gospel in a way that is impactful to students.
7. Work with Global Outreach and Local Impact regarding mission trips.
8. Participate in pastoral counseling.
• Committed to holiness and developing your personal walk with God in order to model and lead others in their faith.
• Multiple years of youth ministry and leadership experience in a larger church.
• Degree in youth ministry or related field, masters degree a plus.
• Strong interpersonal skills, as well as gifts of leadership and teaching.
• Capacity to relate to students, parents and volunteer staff.
• Ability to effectively equip God’s people for service in the church.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit cover letter, resume and sample of recent teaching (audio/video) to Kris Annen, Human Resources, at email@example.com