This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Trinity Baptist Church
New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: 11/01/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description for Youth Minister / Director
Church Weekly Average Attendance: 400
Youth Weekly Average Attendance: 15-20
Position Overview: We are a vibrant and diverse church located on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, and we seek to foster a community where people from various backgrounds can develop authentic and enduring relationships with others and with God. We seek to hire a full-time youth pastor/minister/director who will lead, strengthen and grow our youth ministry. We are looking for a creative, energetic, engaging, patient, passionate and, above all, Christ-centered and Christ-focused leader to reach out to, mentor, love and teach our youth. We are looking for someone who would partner with existing ministries all over the city, while broadening youth participation in the life of the church and leading the church in serving its youth.
1. PROGRAM OVERSIGHT AND LEADERSHIP:
· Coordinate, plan and, as necessary, teach Junior High and Senior High Sunday School classes
· Coordinate, plan and lead monthly youth group outings and at least two youth retreats per school year
· Develop and implement a weekly small group Bible study and “hang time”
·Coordinate, plan and lead youth volunteer/missions opportunities
· Integrate the youth into the life of the larger church body: worship, drama, choir, small groups, etc.
·Coordinate and facilitate youth ministry fund raisers to supplement the youth budget
· Maintain established office hours for parents and youth to “drop by”
·Establish opportunities to build healthy one on one relationships with youth
· Utilize social networking for student outreach and communication
2. ORGANIZE & TRAIN LEADERSHIP:
·Recruit volunteer Sunday School teachers and youth leaders
·Equip volunteer leaders through proper training, leadership and oversight
·Hold regular meetings with leaders to discuss, develop and share vision for the ministry
·Lead by example
3. PROGRAM ADMINISTRATION / ACCOUNTABILITY:
·Develop a written annual strategic ministry plan with clear (and measurable) goals and targets, review the plan with the church leadership, present the plan to the volunteer leaders and the parents and then implement the plan
·Plan and publish a youth ministry event calendar for each semester
·Develop and maintain a youth ministry website
·Plan and manage an annual youth ministry budget
·Coordinate parent meetings at least three times per year to establish and maintain good lines of communication
·Meet with the senior pastor and the church leadership on a regular basis to communicate progress and be evaluated on performance
·Pursue personal growth through regular Bible study and prayer and by taking part in professional conferences and continuing education
·Must be willing to make a 3-year commitment to the position
·Must have youth ministry leadership experience (city experience and experience building a youth ministry preferred)
·Must be in agreement with Trinity's statement of faith
·A four-year college degree is required.
To apply, please submit a resume plus a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only resumes with a cover letter answering the following questions will be considered.
1. Why would you relocate to New York City? If already located here, what makes you fit into the city atmosphere?
2. Why are you interested in this position?
3. What makes you stand out? What is something different that you have to offer?
4. How would you reach out to students in the city?