This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Molalla, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 11/01/2011
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Dynamic growing church is seeking a full time Office Manager who enjoys a fast paced, fun, and highly relational environment to help navigate the growing demands of an ever expanding ministry. Visit our website (foothillsonline.com) to get a better understanding of this opportunity.
Responsibilities will include:
• Financial Management: Oversee bookkeeper / financial record systems / prepare summary of monthly financial report to Lead Pastor and Board / maintain and execute policies for non-profit status.
• Personnel Management: Develop and administer personnel policies and procedures / oversee office support staff.
• Properties Management: Develop and administer policies and procedures concerning the use of all church facilities / work with support staff to manage facility use with existing ministries / evaluate and maintain growing insurance needs / oversees janitorial services, office equipment leases and additional office needs.
• Office Management: Oversees the general direction and weekly operation of front office and support staff / oversees all ordering and purchasing / coordinates information for events / maintaining communication with various ministry leaders.
• Marketing: Creation of weekly bulletin, flyers and inserts / support ministry leaders with graphics, flyers, forms / help coordinate information for special events / community mailings, postcards and letters / oversee the website / responsible for all community advertising / work with city officials.
Skill sets required:
• High relational skills: Must have the ability to develop positive, empowering relationships with office staff and volunteers. Must enjoy working in a team environment. Must project a pleasant, positive demeanor at all times.
• High organizational skills. This person must love information and enjoy organizing it in a way that facilitates growth and forward movement for the organization.
• Ability to follow through. This position requires not only the handling of details but the ability to handle them with deadlines. Great follow through is a must.
• Computer skills including all applications under the Microsoft Office suite and other church management software.
• Accounting skills. Ability to understand bookkeeping and to create simple financial reports / notice changes and trends / ability to communicate this information in laymen’s terms to a varied audience.
• Desire to grow. This position requires a commitment to continual growth in skills, character and effectiveness. People uncomfortable with change need not apply.
• Decision making ability. This position requires a complex host of decision making skills. The Office Manager is daily making decisions on the best ways to channel and communicate information.
• Finally, this position requires someone of character, integrity, a growing faith in Jesus with a passionate desire to see a community transformed. Because of our passion to fulfill our mission in our community, this position will require consistent attendance at Foothills and a buy in to this mission.
Educational and experience requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management / Accounting or its equivalent.
• Knowledge and experience working in a 501c3 church organization.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Please do not contact the church directly. Please do not apply if your background does not contain the skills sets listed. Send resumes to email@example.com with a list of references. All information will be maintained on a confidential basis.