This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Western Hills Church
San Mateo, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/26/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 151 to 250
Job Type: Part-Time
Position: Worship Leader or Pastor
Position Nature: This is a part-time, paid professional ministry position.
Ministry: The Worship Leader/Pastor is responsible for creating, organizing and leading the WHC worship services and providing development, oversight and input into the Magnification Team Ministry.
Responsible To: Pastor
1. Create meaningful and memorable weekly (and others as time allows) worship environments and experiences in cooperation with the Pastor.
2. Lead the non-preaching portions of worship services.
3. Oversee and direct the adult music ministry (including rehearsals).
4. Arrange, select and direct special singing or instrumental groups and/or soloists.
5. Insure all elements of the worship service support the message being presented and reach the people on a passionate and spiritual level.
6. Lead Magnification Team to insure the worship center and stage are properly arranged and supplied for worship services.
7. Insure technical elements of service are of appropriate quality and functioning properly.
8. Pray for, build up and minister to those who are involved in worship ministry.
9. Engage in personal development and activities to improve effectiveness.
10. Provide leadership and direction to the Magnification Team.
Maturity Level: Stable, mature and fully involved follower of Christ.
Position May Be Filled By: Appropriately trained Christian with a growing level of spiritual maturity who is committed to the local church and is/will be a member of WHC leading by example in the life of the church.
Talents and/or Abilities Needed: Musically skilled, creative, organized, able to coach, great communication skills, able to lead, detail-oriented, great at planning, good time management, able to work independently, able to work under pressure of deadlines.
Best Personality Traits: Detailed, organized, outgoing, energetic, motivational, empathetic, action-oriented, loves people, personable and sensitive to others needs, feelings and abilities.
Passion For: Glorifying God through music, worship and leadership.
Anticipated Time Commitments: (Total hours per week: 20-25)
1. Preparing worship services (8-10 hours week)
2. Leading worship services (2-3 hours week)
3. Preparing for special worship and events (as much as needed and within time constraints of the position)
4. Building and leading worship teams (3-4 hours per week)
5. Working with other ministry teams (2-3 hours per week)