This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister to Students and Families
Simpsonville Baptist Church
Simpsonville, Kentucky, United States
Date Posted: 10/25/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
We are praying for a godly and passionate person to lead our students, disciple them, and teach them to make more disciples! At SBC, we believe our mission is all about making disciples who make disciples, and we strive to be purposeful in that as we love God, grow together, and serve the world.
Responsibility: The Student Pastor reports to the Senior Pastor.
Primary Functions: The Student Pastor is responsible for the development of a comprehensive youth (grade 6 to 12) discipleship and education program at Simpsonville Baptist Church. He provides spiritual leadership for the youth and communicates the love and concern of God and this church to them and their families. He works to make disciples who are strong followers of God.
Minimum Qualifications: The Student Pastor will have a spirit–led love for teenagers with at least two years experience in an organized church youth program. Seminary education preferred, but currently attending Seminary is acceptable.
• Direct the planning, execution and evaluation of the youth ministry for youth grades 6 – 12 consistent with the church’s mission.
• Work with adult leaders and Parent Advisory Council (PAC) within the student ministry to ensure the proper leadership and care is available to all students.
• Meet with senior pastor/staff regularly to work on implementing the youth ministry vision and reaching short-term goals successfully.
• Work with Personnel Team in matters of employment, job responsibilities, job evaluations, and personal concerns involving work related matters.
• Will work full-time, a minimum of 40 hours per week.
• Will attend all staff meetings, deacon meetings, business meetings and any team for which they are responsible. Provide report to the church leadership on the status of the student ministry.
• Construct annual youth budget in order to have the financial funds to support the youth ministry events, inreach and outreach projects and disperse funds as needed.
• Administer and supervise all youth ministry expenses in the church budget.
• Develop an adult team for a youth ministries advisory team.
• Be active in the representation of several in-church ministries that are outside of the youth ministry realm.
• Will be supervised by the Senior Pastor
• Ensure inclusion of a spiritual emphasis for all youth activities.
• Assist the Senior Pastor in worship leadership and hospital visitation as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Worship Services and Student Programs:
• Be the primary leader for the teaching, preaching and discipling of the students who are active in the student ministry.
• Oversee Wednesday night youth activities and anyone responsible for the composition of these ministries.
• Work in conjunction with the senior pastor and administration to provide quality education such as Sunday School and Discipleship classes as well as teacher training programs for all youth programs.
• Communicate with parents and guardians on the status of student ministry and give counsel on any issues pertaining to their specific child.
• Guide student ministry leadership team and offer leadership responsibilities and growth in student administration.
• Lead in planning and conducting special age-group activities and programs appropriate for the spiritual growth of the youth including: drama, retreats, camp, mission activities and so forth.
Evangelism and Intentional Outreach:
• Lead in home visitation, counseling and witnessing of youth as assigned and needed for students interested in making a profession of faith, rededicating their lives or baptism decisions.
• Minister to students and families with hospital and care needs within the church family and student guests.
• Trained and able to do personal evangelism.
• Be available to work with youth and their parents on an individual and group basis in their spiritual journey and dealing with life’s struggles.