To be responsible for the development and oversight of all NVBC youth ministries (6th – 12th grades) with the goal of turning them into fully devoted followers of Jesus Christ.
Reports to: The Senior Pastor (Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Position: - Part Time/Full-Time
Qualifications and Position Requirements:
• One who exhibits an authentic, personal and growing relationship with Christ, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life.
• One who possesses a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a related field, experience in senior high youth ministry, basic administrative skills, and a personal spiritual life congruent with biblical mandates for leaders (1 Tim 3:1-7).
• One who is capable of creating and executing a long term vision for NVBC’s youth ministry.
• One who is gifted and is called to youth ministry, loves young people, and has a passion for evangelism and outreach, both personally and at the ministry level.
• An engaging teacher, with a strong Biblical and theological background, who is in agreement with NVBC’s statement of faith.
• A self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with students, parents, and staff.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and organize effective youth programs implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as ministry and mission opportunities.
• Recruit, train and shepherd volunteer youth staff with diverse gifts and personalities.
• Provide counseling and spiritual direction to youth on an individual basis.
• Maintain contact with students and parents, keeping them informed of ongoing activities.
• Keep parents updated on ministry strategies and plans in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
• Support NVBC parents in effectively fulfilling their Christian parenting roles, in concert with other pastoral staff.
• Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budgets.
• Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
• Participate as needed or requested in the evaluation and development of the overall church ministry.
• Establish a presence in local high schools and in the community.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with leaders in the community (e.g. school)
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor.
• Grow NVBC youth ministry in meaningful ways.
• Be mentored by the Senior Pastor, remaining accountable and responsive to his oversight of the Youth Pastor’s ministry.
• Attend worship services on a weekly basis and all scheduled staff meetings.
• Set, posted and regularly adhered to office hours.
• Present annual ministry updates and goals for the coming year to the pastor and deacon board.
• Participate in a yearly job performance review.
• Present a yearly youth budget proposal.
• Stay current with youth ministry practices by reading, attending youth leadership conferences, etc.
• Youth Pastor must obtain a Class B California driver’s license to utilize church “bus” for transporting youth.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Napa Valley Baptist Church
CONNECTING WITH GOD We each have a life that we have been created to live. That life is first found in proper connection with God through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Our desire is to provide a God-honoring atmosphere for that relationship to develop through Biblical study and musical expression. CONNECTING WITH EACH OTHER We have each been designed to live out our journey with God in connection with those around us. God has brought each and every one of us into community with one another and equipped us for a specific More...