This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
West Hills Community Church
Salem, Oregon, United States
Date Posted: 10/25/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
Title: Worship Pastor
Church: West Hills Community Church, Salem, OR
Brief Job Description: Full Time Worship leader for an intergenerational, blended music style congregation of 275-300 people. We have a committed volunteer worship team. We are seeking an energetic and heartfelt worship leader with a passion for Christ. This person must have a desire and ability to share their passion with the congregation. This person will develop and grow our worship team(s), lead worship on Sunday Mornings, and develop Godly teamwork among the worship team members. Our Worship Pastor will help our church transition from one to two Sunday morning services.
Extended Job Description:
1) Coordinate with senior pastor for worship service plans.
2) Planning worship sequence for Sunday morning services.
3) Recruit, equip and mentor musical talent within the church.
4) Rehearse with the praise team and musicians on a midweek evening.
5) Develop leaders within the praise team, including an assistant leader.
6) Lead worship on Sunday Mornings with piano or guitar, in coordination with the worship team.
7) Organize and maintain all facility space associated with the Sanctuary room.
8) Organize, maintain, and improve (as needed) all sanctuary audio, video and computer equipment.
9) Lead Worship Commission.
10) Coordinate with Senior Pastor to plan and implement intermittent evening praise events.
11) Develop and implement a 12-month plan to grow and transition the worship team(s) from a one service rotation into a two service rotation.
12) Determine (in coordination with the senior pastor) one Commission outside of worship/music to work with.
2) Born again Christian, having a spiritual life that is vibrant, growing and desirous to impact others.
3) Theological agreement with North American Baptist statement of faith.
4) Fulfill in his life the qualifications for an overseer as listed in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and agree with the role model expectations of an Elder of West Hills Community Church.
5) A team-minded leader who is flexible, friendly, approachable, humble, and honest.
6) Is able to deal with challenges directly, openly, honestly and graciously.
7) Demonstrates experience that is sufficiently broad to include leadership in both traditional and contemporary music.
8) Is able to maintain a multi-generational awareness in shaping our worship experience.
9) Demonstrates excellence in vocal and instrumental guidance.
10) Is willing to be mentored and held accountable.
11) Has completed a baccalaureate degree in music or equivalent.
12) It is desirable that he have Bible School or Seminary training.
13) It is desirable that he have at least 2 years experience in worship leadership.
1) 30K-40K depending upon education and experience.
2) Employee medical benefits.
3) 2 weeks vacation with an additional week after 5 years.
Contact: Please send or email your resume & a video sample of your worship leadership to:
Worship Pastor Search Committee
West Hills Community Church
1650 Brush College Rd NW
Salem, OR 97304
Size: 275-300 attending Sunday morning
Worship Style: Blended
Denomination: North American Baptist