This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technology Intern (2-year position)
Purdue Christian Campus House
West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 10/24/2011
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Purdue Christian Campus House 2-year Technology Intern
A campus ministry, in West Lafayette serving Purdue’s campus by reaching out and providing a deeper community. We embrace the arts as a common language and expression of God's love for us through worship, outreach, and studying the word of God. We have Sunday services for about 1,000 students, a mid-week bible study, small groups, and are actively involved in missions and service locally and globally. Our coffee shop is located in the heart of campus and has over 150,000 patrons every year. We come alongside students to further construct their faith in a way that is unique, filled with passion, and pointed purposefully at serving The Kingdom wherever their career takes them.
We Are Looking For...
Someone who loves God and is willing to use his/her technical abilities to support, maintain and develop technological systems. A person who is highly organized and professional. An agile and consistent problem solver who wants to use their technical skills to grow the Kingdom. Someone who cares enough about changing students lives they are willing to work at this with everything they are, and humble enough to do so as a servant on a team of highly-gifted individuals who are doing the same.
• Monitor, maintain and repair both server and workstation hardware and software
• Manage online accounts, configure DNS records, email accounts, keep websites up to date
• Support and train users in common computing practices
• Audit network infrastructure as well as plan for changes and improvements.
• Collaborate with our Technology Manager and co-workers
You Should Have...
• A degree in computer information technology or related field
• Competency in computer hardware and components
• Knowledge of computer networking hardware, software, and peripheral equipment
• Familiarity with Linux, Mac OS X and Windows operating systems, Unix shell familiarity is preferred
• Ability to plan projects, perseverance in problem solving, and comprehend the big-picture
• Willingness to receive direction, oversight, and accountability.
• Propensity for organization, meeting deadlines, and following through
The Fine Print...
• We will provide office space within a comfortable environment
• Mac laptop with all necessary applications and tools
• This internship pays an annual salary of $23,000/yr. plus benefits
• Internships are full-time, 2-year long positions with a start date of January 2012
Please submit a digital resume with references to Dana McKinnis at email@example.com.