This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Coordinator of Ministry
Wheatland Salem United Methodist Church
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 10/21/2011
Categories: Christian Education - Discipleship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Part-Time
Coordinator of Ministry – Oswego Campus
The purpose of this position is to support the mission of Wheatland Salem Church: Love God. Love Others. Change the World.
This position’s primary focus is implementing the vision of the congregation to equip Christ-followers for everyday service that has a long-term impact. To that end the Coordinator of Ministry - Oswego will focus his/her efforts on the initiation, development, and leadership of age-level and other ministries in alignment with the understandings of Wheatland Salem Church concerning Christian spiritual formation and in accord with the ministries of the Naperville Campus to ensure consistency across both campuses.
Part Time (30 Hours)
- Sunday – 8:00am – 1:00pm
- Tuesday - 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Flexible Schedule – 19 hours per week
Director of Christian Growth and Development
Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
Associate Pastor for Outreach, Welcoming, and Missions
Senior Staff Leadership Team
- Committed growing Christian with a servant’s heart
- Person of high integrity, confidentiality, and patience
- Excellent relational and communications skills
- Creative, adaptable, flexible, and teachable
- Gracious, helpful and accessible in working with visitors and staff
- Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions. Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understands various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information.
- Generates novel ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
- Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions consistent with fulfillment of church mission and consistent with the church's ministry process.
- Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
- Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with, and encourages others. Develops a culture of cultivating people (both staff and volunteers). Builds consensus when appropriate. Focuses team members on common goals.
- Knows when and how to attract, develop, reward and utilize teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams.
- Demonstrates strong technical/functional proficiencies and knowledge in areas of expertise. Consistently does the right thing by performing with reliability.
- Meet regularly with the Director of Christian Growth and Development and the Associate Pastor for Outreach, Welcoming, and Missions to coordinate the growth and development of ministries at the Oswego Campus.
- Identify, recruit, lead and mentor ministry leaders.
- Ensure the adherence to the Safe Sanctuaries Policy by Children and Youth Ministry leaders as well as other policies of Wheatland Salem Church.
- Manage the fiscal tracking of expenditures, resource distribution (books, DVD’s, etc), program registrations and program advertising in a collaborative manner with the rest of the staff.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled
- Communicate regularly with team staff to discuss direction and implementation of ministry initiatives.
- Education and relevant experience in Christian Education, Family Ministry, and/or Christian Spiritual Formation
- Ability to build and mentor teams
- Knowledge of United Methodist Church doctrine and polity is a plus.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Christian Ministry or equivalent experience
Other duties may be assigned by the Director of Christian Growth & Development
Reply To: Tari Crema, Church Administrator
Location: Wheatland Salem United Methodist Church
1852 95th Street
Naperville, IL 60564
• Please include a cover letter including salary history along with your resume.
• No telephone calls please.
• Principals only, no recruiters please.
• No relocation benefits will be provided for this position.