This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Administration
Wheatland Salem United Methodist Church
Naperville, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 10/21/2011
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Wheatland Salem Church
Director of Administration
The purpose of this position is to support the mission of Wheatland Salem Church: Love God. Love Others. Change the World.
This position’s primary focus is implementing the vision of the congregation to equip Christ-followers for everyday service that has a long-term impact. To that end, this position provides leadership and direction over the operations and administrative functions that support the ministry initiatives of the church.
Full Time (40 Hours)
- Monday – Friday – 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Monday – 7:00pm – 10:00pm
- Flexible Hours – 7
- Flexibility for additional evening and weekend meetings as required
Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
- Committed growing Christian with a servant’s heart
- Person of high integrity, confidentiality, and patience
- Excellent relational and communications skills
- Creative, adaptable, flexible, and teachable
- Gracious, helpful and accessible in working with visitors and staff
- Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a results-oriented environment, and follows through on actions. Communicates well both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understands various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information.
- Generates novel ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, and encourages innovation.
- Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions consistent with fulfillment of church mission and consistent with the church's ministry process.
- Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others.
- Motivates, empowers, inspires, collaborates with, and encourages others. Develops a culture of cultivating people (both staff and volunteers). Builds consensus when appropriate. Focuses team members on common goals.
- Knows when and how to attract, develop, reward and utilize teams to optimize results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others, and help resolve conflicts and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams.
- Demonstrates strong technical/functional proficiencies and knowledge in areas of expertise. Consistently does the right thing by performing with reliability.
1. Leads the process of annual budget development and adoption with the Director of Christian Growth and Development, the Finance Coordinator, the Pastors, the WSCA, the Stewardship Committee, the Church Board and other appropriate groups, vendors, and individuals.
2. Manages church finances in collaboration with the Finance Coordinator, the Stewardship Committee, and the Church Board.
3. Oversees annual financial audit process
4. Oversees banking relationships
5. Collaborates in capital funding campaigns and the development of the WSC endowment fund.
6. Supervises the Finance Coordinator and AP Clerk
Administration and Ministry Support
1. Coordinates necessary administrative processes of church committees, task groups, and teams including meeting schedules, agendas, communications within and between groups, maintenance of appropriate minutes and other records, and implementation of decisions by authorized groups. The groups include Church Board, SPRC, Stewardship Committee, Leadership Development and Nominations Team, and other task groups that may from time to time be initiated for particular short-term purposes.
2. Collaborates with the Pastors, Director of Christian Growth and Development, and Director of the Wheatland Salem Christian Academy for development of overall direction, participation in strategic and tactical planning, organizational change initiatives and other matters related to support of the ministry of Wheatland Salem Church.
3. Manages the relationship with the Northern Illinois Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church in administrative matters as delegated by the Senior Pastor.
4. Supervises Office Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Network Administrator
1. Manages the facility management contract with vendor(s) to fulfill needs of the congregation and its ministry within parameters established in collaboration with the Director of Christian Growth and Development, the Pastors, and the Church Board.
2. Develops recommendations for use of the Facility Reserve Fund to meet ongoing and longer term capital needs.
1. Collaborates with the SPRC, appropriate staff leaders, and finance leaders in the ongoing development, review, and implementation of a staffing plan for the congregation.
2. Negotiates benefit plans with vendors
3. Manages personnel records and benefits for all staff
4. Collaborates with the SPRC in development of human resource policies and enforcement including applicable current government regulations.
5. Initiates and oversees development of performance objectives for staff members as well as performance reviews on a regular basis.
6. Directs the recruitment and hiring process for new staff as well as termination processes for departing staff
7. Oversees development and implementation of the Safe Sanctuary policy
8. Develops, implements, and manages, in collaboration with the Leadership Development and Nominations Team, a process that engages the members of the congregation in an exploration of their spiritual gifts, personality, passions, and opportunities for serving Christ within and beyond the congregation.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Shelby Database
- 5+ years of management experience
- Background in church operations desirable
- Knowledge of building operations, financial systems and human resources highly desirable
- Background in strategic planning and organizational development desirable
High School education
Relevant college degree, ministry training or equivalent experience
Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor
Please include a cover letter with salary requirements
No relocation benefits apply
Location: Wheatland Salem United Methodist Church
1852 95th Street
Naperville, IL 60564