This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Music Worship Leader
The Neighborhood Church
Littleton, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 10/20/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 50 to 100
Job Type: Part-Time
The Neighborhood Church is a missional community of people passionate about loving God and their neighbors. We believe God invites us to live a better story by joining Jesus in building his kingdom. We also believe that relationships are sacred, so we value relationships on Sunday mornings and throughout the week. Our growing community meets in a local high school and runs between 75 and 85 in weekly worship attendance. We began as a church plant a little more than two years ago.
The Music Worship Leader fulfills a crucial role both during and apart from corporate worship. He/she leads the congregation in musical worship. But the Music Worship Leader also serves the congregation as a spiritual leader, building relationships with the worship team as well as the rest of the congregation.
The ideal Music Worship Leader will be committed to:
• The missional and holistic church: We are the church sent into our community. We don’t go to church on Sundays, we are the church every day.
• Church planting.
• Experimenting with ancient/future worship.
• Introducing new music on a regular basis.
• Including “contemporized” hymns every week.
• Engaging in relationships with the congregation inside and outside corporate worship.
• Raising up other potential music leaders.
• Supporting The Neighborhood Church values and vision.
• Serving our congregation for at least three years.
For a full job description, please email Michael Klassen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position could increase in hours within the next 12 months.