This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Springs Church
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Date Posted: 10/19/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Children’s Pastor/ Children’s Department Head
The Springs Church in Colorado Springs is a nondenominational charismatic church led by Gary Wilkerson, son of famed evangelist David Wilkerson. Our mission is to be people who glorify and enjoy God in such a way that many are drawn to Him.
We are seeking to add an experienced Director or Pastor of the Children’s ministry to our ministry team to engage us in our mission of a church that is drawing people to Christ.
Our Core Values:
C²G - Connect to God: One of the best ways to connect to God is participating in a vibrant worship service. We believe that Sunday worship services should be the most moving, life-transforming hour and a half of every week. When the church combines powerful, heart-stirring worship, with clear, uncompromising truth from the Word of God, it can’t help but rouse our spirits and renovate our lives.
C²O - Connect to Others: To love and be loved, to be supported, revitalized and challenged, to get acquainted or build lifelong friendships — there’s nothing better than connecting with others. Some call them small groups, home groups or cell groups. We like to call them connect groups. It’s natural and not churchy. Whatever you call them, the important thing is that you get connected. You’ll never be the same.
C²M - Connect to Ministry: The Church functions when people serve. We are called to have a servant’s heart and engage in purposeful ministries. At The Springs Church there are multitudes of opportunities for you to get connected to ministry. Within the church, we have teams that serve children, youth, and young adults. We have music ministry, ushers, greeters and media teams. Outside the four walls of the church, we have outreach teams that serve the poor, visit the sick and the elderly and much more. Getting connected to ministry may be one of the best experiences you’ll ever have.
C²W - Connect to the World: We take the Great Commission seriously. Jesus called us to make disciples and that is our heart, passion and commitment. We believe that building relationships with those who don’t know Jesus is vital to fulfilling His Commission. Our city may seem like it’s full of churches and that almost everyone is already a Christian, but the truth is our city is highly un-churched. In other words, the need is clear and there is no better time than now to connect to the world in a way that draws people to Jesus. God is on the move in our city and in our church.
The Children’s Pastor must be a devoted follower of Jesus Christ, a person of character and integrity who views this position as a calling from God. The Children’s Pastor must exemplify the purpose, philosophy and doctrine of the Church. He or she must be passionate about children, a gifted communicator and have a Shepard’s heart. They must also fulfill the character qualifications of a Christian as taught in the Scriptures and the duties required of The Springs Church moral code of conduct as outlined on the final page.
• High School Diploma or higher
• Minimum of five years large-church children’s ministry experience
• Must have skills in recruiting, training, motivating, development and implementation of creative, exciting, and relevant children’s ministry programs.
• Must be able to translate the broader church mission into a language our children will comprehend.
• Has a pastoral presence with families, having the ability and willingness to engage and minister to families.
• The ability to creatively and effectively teach to large groups of children.
• Growing Knowledge and appreciation for children’s ministry methodology. Up on the latest trends and new resources in children’s ministry.
• Must be able to provide a safe and secure environment where children are free to grow in loving God and loving others.
• Must be able to engage and work with a large church staff in the development and execution of the church’s mission.
• Mac OSX and Windows operating experience.
• Basic Microsoft Office and Apple IWork skills preferred.
• Ability to work in an organized, efficient manner with accuracy, attention to detail, and follow-through.
• A track record of significant impact and effectiveness as a children’s ministry director or pastor.
• Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development times.
• Pray for all Children’s Ministers, children, families and leaders.
• Recruit, train and encourage volunteers.
• Develop Sunday morning programs for children.
• Meet with families/parents as needed for prayer, pastoral care, etc.
• Keep classroom environment safe, clean and welcoming
• Call parents of visitors to welcome them and answer any questions they may have
• Research curriculum, training material, special needs, etc
• Develop teams per area of ministry and provide training and team building times. Teams to include:
o Children’s Church
o Creative including drama
• Evaluate needs in Children’s Ministry and purchase items needed to enhance ministry
• Maintain volunteer schedule and find replacements when needed.
• Create special events such as Mother’s Day, Baby Dedication, Christmas, Volunteer Training, City Outreach, Family Fun Days/Nights, etc.
• Handle any emergency situations as they arise on Sunday mornings.
• Check with teachers to make sure they have what they need each Sunday
• Teach Children’s Church weekly and train up others to rotate
• Meet with executive pastor on a weekly basis to discuss vision, strategy and the spiritual health of the children’s ministry.
All TSC staff should seek to maintain the highest standards of professional and moral behavior. Each TSC staff member is expected to be courteous and conduct himself (herself) in a professional and Christ-like manner at all times. The following examples go directly against the TSC moral code and may warrant immediate termination:
• Abuse, misuse, theft or the unauthorized possession or removal of Ministry property or the personal property of others
• Failure to account for any Ministry property
• Working under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other comparable substances or possessing the same on Ministry property
• Violation of any law adversely affecting the Ministry or conviction in court of any crime which may cause the employee to be regarded as unsuitable for continued employment
• Disorderly conduct on Ministry property, including fighting or attempted bodily injury, or the use of profane, abusive, or threatening language toward others, or possession of a weapon
• Unauthorized disclosure of confidential information, including sharing salary information with other Ministry Employees
• Discrimination or harassment
• Violation of Biblical standards regarding personal purity (i.e. inappropriate sexual relationships)
• Failure to bring performance to an acceptable level after warning from Management
This position is full-time. Salary is based on experience and qualifications.
Please submit your resume, salary requirements and references to our executive pastor Nima Reza at email@example.com