This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Audio Video Lighting Production Associate
Scottsdale Bible Church
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
Date Posted: 10/19/2011
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
About Scottsdale Bible Church:
Our church is expanding. We are the 90th largest church in the nation. We are in the middle of an HD upgrade and will be launching a multi-site campus in 2012. We have five Sunday services with varying styles of worship.
About our Media Team
Our current full time media team consists of: a media director, video engineer, audio engineer, graphics designer, production assistant, & volunteer coordinator. We also have part-time and intern support. We are currently focused on building our volunteer team.
About this position of AVL Engineer.
We are looking to expand our team with a person who knows his/her stuff (“stuff”, is defined below) in the areas of audio, video, &lighting. We are looking for someone who is flexible,has the ability to work in a fast turnaround environment and a commitment for excellence in everything they do. As you can see above, we have specialists in almost every discipline of the Media/Tech department. The three highest areas of competency we are looking for is lighting design, cinematography, and film editing.
Various responsibilities that could be requested:
• Operates live sound in various venues on SBC campus
• Helps with overall media support around the SBC campus
• Video Shooting, Capture, and Editing of Various video shoots
• Directing actors and extras
• Building, training and recruiting media/production volunteers
• Producing alternate venues and multisite locations
• Setting up and troubleshooting equipment
• Building relevant lighting scenes for use in each venue for each
• Stage Lighting & Set Design
• Changing lighting bulbs and fixtures
• Maintaining Lighting supply inventory
• Creation of DVD Menus and authoring DVD’s
• Compression of videos for various formats including, DVD, WEB, & Mobile Devices
• Archiving and organizing all archive footage and source documents.
• Setting up unique video sets for different looks / location scout
• Supporting other ministries/departments with audio expertise
• Provide repair and ensure maintenance support on campus-wide video equipment is completed regularly.
• System diagnostics/repair/troubleshooting
• General media clean up and maintenance
• Other various tasks not defined on a Job description.
• Must know how to build an audio, video, and lighting system from scratch
• Expert in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier, or Avid
• Expert in capturing audio for video
• Expert in white balancing a camera
• Expert in color correction of two different cameras
• Passion for video editing and story telling
• Understanding of Motion Graphics
• Expert in Intelligent and Theater lighting controls.
• Expert understanding of DMX universes
• Expert understanding of lighting fixtures, technics
• In audio world, you must know how these things function:
o compression, gates, dessers, VCA’s , matrixes, EQ’s Crossovers, RTA’s, Effects, Digital vs. Analog Consoles, etc.
• Must be a team player.
• Passionate for excellence in a fast paced, last minute environment.
• Must be passionate for learning new techniques.
• Passion for learning and perfecting your craft
• Passion for continuing education in their field
• Passion for mentoring the next generation of media professionals
Don’t apply for this job if you do not:
• Have a love for God’s Word and a Passion to reach the Lost through Media.
• Have a passion for recruitng and training volunteers
• Have flexibility in your schedule.
• Know the difference between 32k and 56k, (and I’m not talking about money here)
• Know the difference between CMYK and RGB
• Know the difference between an AmericanDJ and Vari-Lite
• Know the difference between SD and HD
• Know the difference between an Ellipsoidal and a PAR64
Future Church Media Directors/Pastors please apply. This is a great place to serve, learn, and grow.
**Relocation Assistance May be Available**