This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
BridgeWay Community Church
Fishers, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 10/13/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Purpose: To lead, equip and facilitate the expression of worship throughout our ministries so that BridgeWay fulfills its God-given vision of being a Kingdom Church.
Jim Collins writes great organizations get the “right people” in the “right seats” on the “right bus.”
The Right Bus:
Our Church: BridgeWay’s mission is life-change, and our vision is to be a Kingdom Church with Five Expressions: Missional, Worship, Formation, Power and Justice.
Our Worship: During our ten year history, God has called a number of highly skilled and dedicated volunteer worship leaders and musicians to develop our ministry. However, as we near 1,000 attenders and look to move from a leased to a permanent facility, we need a full-time person to be a leader of worship, but more importantly a leader of leaders. While there’s always room for another “guitar-guy,” what we really need is a “leader-guy.” (Or woman!) God has created a unique culture here at BridgeWay, and so we know we’re looking for a unique leader. In worship we value truth over trend, participation over performance, excellence over ego, creativity over complacency, relationship over results, and Christ above all else.
The Right Seat:
1. System Orchestrator: While we want a visionary leader, what we need is an organizational leader who understands that right-brained creativity will never become reality without left-brained systems. We don’t expect you to do it all, but we do expect you to know how it all fits together.
2. Artistic Recruiter: Artists dance to a different tune, and you need to be the “Pied Piper” to recruit them onto our team. You must also be able to maintain the critical balance between excellence and inclusion, knowing how to develop others and when they’re ready to be put on the platform.
3. Creative Programmer: You have to be connected to the programming sheet to make things run, but to the Spirit to keep things real through an authentic expression of worship. You don’t have to be the most creative person in the room, but you need to be energized by both a collaborative and creative process.
4. Technical Facilitator: You may not know how all the technical equipment works, but you’ll need to develop a team that does. You need a musical ear, an artistic eye, and a cool-enough head to improvise when the worst-case scenario occurs just before the start of the service.
5. Authentic Pastor: Although it’s last on the list, in many respects it’s most important. Ultimately worship is pastoral work, where Jesus entrusts to you his followers so you can lead them to him. You must not only love God’s people, you must also love God’s Word and know how to use it.
The Right Person:
1. Humble Worshipper: To be our Worship Pastor, you must have more than musical skill or leadership ability. You must first and foremost be a worshipper in awe of God’s majesty and broken by your own sin.
2. Spiritual Leader: To be our Worship Pastor, you must not only have the spiritual gifting to lead, but also the spiritual wisdom to equip other leaders. You must understand that at its heart leadership is not control, it is influence.
3. Creative Director: To be our Worship Pastor, you must have the ability to keep your eyes on the details while seeing the big picture. You would be our CEO of creativity, leading the team dreaming up 52 services a year.
4. Musical Multiplier: To be our Worship Pastor, you must have the capacity to be both a musical leader on stage and a production leader behind the scenes. You may love the spotlight, but you love shining it on others even more.
5. Additional Requirements: 7 years leadership experience with a team-building track record; vision for worship adaptable to our context; strong personality who can both work with and lead other strong personalities; organized project manager and systems creator; a programming generalist with a cultural-creative bent; understanding of the creative arts and technology; proficient on acoustic guitar and keys; able to join our rotation of worship leaders. Experience with Planning Center a plus.
Our Hiring Values:
If you believe you may be the right person in the right seat (and just as importantly that we are the right bus for you), forward your resume to email@example.com.