This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Technical Video Production Lead/Video Editor
Shepherd of the Hills
Porter Ranch, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/12/2011
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
Technical Video Production Lead /Video Editor
Shepherd of the Hills, Porter Ranch, CA
The Media Arts team at Shepherd of the Hills is a highly creative and collaborative environment with a mission to support and inspire the ministries of Shepherd of the Hills through innovative and effective media. As a team of producers, directors, artists, designers, writers, programmers and technicians, we are passionate about developing and executing creative media to reach an audience who responds to spiritual concepts spoken in a visual language. We share a common desire to raise the effectiveness of Christian media.
The average attendance across the Shepherd of the Hills campuses exceeds 10,000 weekly. With four satellite campuses and growing, Shepherd is providing over 15 live weekend worship experiences. In addition to these services, we are “live” streaming a minimum of 6 services each weekend via the internet and broadcasting weekly post produced programming via television and radio affiliates.
The Technical Video Production Lead / Video Editor (TVPL) is a creative, energetic and organized team member who passionately pursues a vision for the innovative and effective use of visual production technologies within a ministry focus. He/she constantly strives to achieve excellence in the creative display and technical quality of video, graphics and image magnification for the purpose of enhancing the worship experience and maximizing the presentation of our weekend services and other video productions/projects.
The TVPL routinely examines and tests production equipment to ensure all video, computer and projection equipment is fully operational and ready to be used. When equipment does not perform as expected, the TVPL will track the progress of maintenance and repair to ensure that technical problems do not prevent normal operations from proceeding. The TVPL researches and assists in the training(s) for all all operators with respect to the correct operation of all technical production equipment across all of our campuses.
This TVPL reports directly to the Director of Media Arts. Working with the Creative Director, the Senior Pastor, fellow staff, and a wide range of volunteers, the TVPL is responsible for assisting in creating a dynamic weekend service experience on all campuses through all media and HD sermon video’s. This individual will be knowledgeable of our mission, core values, ministry strategy, and will advance this mission, adhere to our values and implement these strategies in the Media Arts department. The TVPL is responsible for making recommendations and implementing decisions within their designated authority in the design, development and facilitation of an effective media program to reach and disciple individuals with the message of the Gospel through creative and effective media distribution.
Responsibilities and tasks: (not in any particular order)
Video Production/Editor (35%)
Create, develop and deliver video concepts and projects as assigned for weekend services and other on-going video projects.
Duties to include:
• Create direct and edit video projects as assigned
• Create, design and gather graphic content and/or video content as assigned for video projects
• Shoot video production footage and B-roll
• Upload videos on various websites for approval and distribution
• Build DVD menus
Oversee Weekend Service Video Production (30%)
• Be available in the lighting booth during services for media related needs (i.e. the programming and operation of Pro- Presenter / IMAG switching systems in our various venues.
• Assist volunteers in their responsibilities
• Trouble shoot and repair media equipment during services
• Capture, edit, produce and support HD Video reimaging for all Shepherd satellite venues, Family Life Center and Sanctuary HD services
• Monitor/maintain HD video playback systems, IMAG and video graphic systems on all campuses.
• Provide technical support and training for all satellite campuses in the proper use and protocols for their video and media equipment.
• Assist in the training and equipping of media department volunteers for weekend services through media, video and other positions as assigned.
• Commitment to ongoing personal development, education and training in maintaining our video systems and technologies
Oversee Digital Asset Management (5%)
• Transcode Footage
• Organize Project Folders
• Archive Completed Projects per our protocols
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
• Experience with Microsoft Office with the ability and willingness to learn other programs used in the execution of your job.
• Experience in video post-production work including non-linear editing, compositing, motion graphic design, animation and video/audio encoding. Proficient use of video editing programs such as: Final Cut Pro, Motion, After Effects, Photoshop, ProPresenter, Cinema 4D, etc.
• Has proficient knowledge and experience with HD Cinema type video projectors and IMAG systems i.e. Christie, Barco etc.
• Demonstrates a passion for excellence in creative and technical production with a willingness to learn and lead the technical aspects of our weekend services and overflow facilities.
• A team player who is dependable, responsible, self-motivated, creative and thrives in a collaborative environment.
• Excellent project management skills including: the ability to multi-task several projects at the same time while keeping a strong commitment to meeting deadlines. Displays a flexibility to adapt to unforeseen and stressful circumstances while using sound judgment in problem solving.
• Excellent skills in communication and personal relationships.
• Must be able to safely perform work responsibilities, including (but not limited to) the ability to lift 35lbs.You also must be comfortable in the use of the necessary lift systems and ladders as needed in the execution of your job.
• Must have a calm and encouraging demeanor under pressure and present yourself in a Christ-like manner at all times.
• This full-time, minimum 40 hour per week salaried position, requires regular weekend hours and some evenings. Participation in training workshops, conferences and special events is required.
• Minimum of a high school degree with preferred BA degree.
• Minimum of four years of video production and media related technical experience.
• Salary commensurate with experience and ability.with excellent benefits. All applicants must include salary requirements.
• A professed and baptized Christ-follower with a history of church attendance and service in ministry
• Maintain regular church attendance and daily pursue a growing relationship with Jesus Christ through prayer, Bible reading, and service
• Know, agree and support the doctrine of Shepherd of the Hills Church and submit to all the decisions made by Church Leadership
• Endeavor to seek the Lord in tithing towards Shepherd of the Hills Porter Ranch or your home church
• Lead or participate in a Life Group or small community/bible study
• Have a quarterly Day of Solitude
• Attend annual Staff Vision Day
• Handle yourself above reproach, including, but not limited to, dress and speech
• Continually pursue unity, reconciliation and an environment of grace with all staff
• Adhere to all policies and procedures as stated in the Shepherd of the Hills Employee Handbook
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This Job Description along with any attachments sets forth the essential terms by which Shepherd of the Hills Church (SOTHC) is willing to enter into an employment relationship with you. All employment at SOTHC is “At Will” unless covered by a written employment contract. This means that both SOTHC and you have the right to terminate your employment at any time with or without any advanced notice and with or without giving a reason.