This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Community LIfe Pastor
First Baptist Church
Everett, Washington, United States
Date Posted: 10/12/2011
Categories: Small Group Pastor - Young Adult Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Everett’s First Baptist Church, a fellowship of 400-450 worshipping weekly, is looking for someone with a passion for Christ, a heart for people, and strong organization gifts and experience in developing systems that create a healthy and growing community. Must have a very high value on life groups that are relationally driven and have experience producing an ever growing number of life group leaders and coaches.
Life group are the central component and strategy for growing community in FBC where the three-fold mission is to:
* Grow in our commitment to the person of Christ
* Grow in our connection to the body of Christ
* Grow in our contribution to the mission of Christ
The Community Life Pastor is directly accountable to the Lead Pastor, and will be the point person of community life working with the Pastor to Students and the Pastor to Children.
POSITION TITLE: Community Life Pastor
LOCATION: Everett, WA
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience
JOB DESCRIPTION/PRIMARY AREAS of RESPONSIBILITY
* Be the “point person” for community life in the congregation.
* Recruit, train, motivate, supervise, and provide care to life group leaders, apprentices and coaches involved in the
church’s life group ministry.
* Provide for leadership development for life group leaders, apprentice leaders and coaches.
* Launch new life groups.
* Provide leadership for the Adult Community Life Ministry.
* Develop a tracking system to monitor life groups and track health and grow.
* A passion for creating an authentically caring community within life groups and gifting for developing a life group ministry.
* A team player and a team builder.
* Someone who love Jesus and is passionate about seeing others come to know Jesus and become connected to Christ’s
church through their involvement in a life group.
* Possess gifts of leadership and administration.
* Highly relational in working with life group leaders.
* Manage multiple ministries, events, and issues concurrently.
* Proven experience leading multi-program discipleship ministries and grow a life group ministry.