This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
St. Paul's United Methodist Church
Oxnard, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/12/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Contract
Plans, organizes, and implements a wide range of activities for youth, junior and senior high. Provide Bible studies and opportunities for faith growth. Recruits and trains adult volunteers. Recruits and trains youth leadership. Maintains regular contacts with youth. Maintains contact with parents as necessary. Works with church staff and work areas to help implement the church mission.
Interested candidates may submit their resume and application to Anna Mulford c/o St. Paul's United Methodist Church, 1800 South C Street, Oxnard, CA 93033 or firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS POSTING via churchstaffing.com. All resumes are to be e-maile directly to Anna Mulford at email@example.com
• On an ongoing basis, plans for, organizes and implements a youth activities program from junior and senior high.
• Plans, organizes and implements special youth worship services, retreats, camps, trips, etc.
• Plans, organizes, and implements the annual youth service project.
• Develops youth leadership to assist in ongoing and special youth programs.
• Recruits, orients, and trains adult volunteers to assist in youth activities and especial events.
• Works with other youth directors in other United Methodist churches and ecumenical groups.
• Performs other duties as may be requested or required from time to time.
Salary/Employment Time Frame/Salary:
The position requires 12 to 15 hours a week work schedule. The salary is $13,000 for a period of 18 months with possibilities of renewal.
• Demonstrated Christian character and commitment in daily life and the ability to articulate a personal faith journey.
• A college degree in a related field such as teaching, counseling, social work, etc. is desirable.
• Having attended in youth ministry as a youth.
• Experience in leading church youth activities.
• Ability to organize programs and activities and to activate responsibilities with a minimum of supervision and follow-up.
Personal requirements: High standards in attitude, outlook, and morals, with an awareness of the importance of example. LOVE OF GOD AND YOUTH. ENTHUSIASTIC.
Accountability: Administratively responsible to the pastor and Staff Parish Relationship Committee.