This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Worship Team
Centenary United Methodist
Granville, Ohio, United States
Date Posted: 10/12/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: United Methodist
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Part-Time
Director of Worship Team
• Personal relationship with Jesus.
• Strong music skills including, direction and performance.
• Appreciation, background and experience in a wide variety of musical worship styles.
• Able to lead a contemporary worship for a multi-generational congregation.
• Good communication skills.
• Ability to build and work with a team that leads the congregation in worship.
• Passion for connecting people to Christ through music in worship.
• Leader, teacher, trainer…able to tap volunteers with gifts for music ministry.
• Live a lifestyle of worship.
Primary Ministry Focus
1. On a regular basis, work with the Senior Pastor and others to creatively design and carry out worship experiences that glorify God and convey the desired message for the purpose of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
2. Serve as the Sunday morning Worship Leader during the 9:20 service and train others to fill the role on an occasional basis.
3. Prepare the Worship Team to do their best to honor Christ and lead the congregation in worship.
4. Support and direct the Worship Tech Team. Train others as needed.
5. Establish and conduct regular practices for the Worship Team in order that they work as a team on Sunday mornings and/or other times of worship.
Secondary Ministry Focus
1. Manage the music library for the Worship Team.
2. Select new music to be purchased and learned.
3. Make vocal and instrumental assignments.
1. Director must establish quarterly/annual goals to demonstrate that the vision for the Worship Team is being achieved with agreed upon guidelines.
2. There is a 10 hour per week expectancy as Worship Director, with guidelines for salary and other benefits established and reviewed by the Staff Parish Relations Committee.
Applicants need to have a strong passion for connecting people to Christ through music in worship… and be able to build and work with a team that leads the congregation in worship. Strong musical and communication skills are required, as well as a faith that is compatible with United Methodist beliefs. If you have an interest in applying for this position, please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 12, 2011. Questions may be directed to Mike Evans (740-587-7047), leader of the search team, or Connie Westbrook (740-587-0022), Administrative Manager