This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Youth Ministry Director
St. John Church
Ellisville, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 10/12/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
St. John Church is seeking a lay person to serve as the full-time Youth Ministry Director. This position is responsible for carrying out the vision and leading the implementation of strategies for Cornerstone Youth Ministries for the faith development for middle school and high school youth.
• Casts vision and leads strategic initiatives for an all encompassing ministry for youth (6th – 12th grade).
• Serves as the primary communicator for Cornerstone Youth Ministries to share the mission, vision and strategy to youth, parents and volunteers.
• Provides spiritual oversight, direction and appropriate curriculum for “Picture This”, OASIS Confirmation program, Area Bible Studies (ABS) program including teaching Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings.
• Recruits and manages the selection of volunteer youth mentors. Provides thorough training while answering mentor and group questions.
• Works to execute monthly Cornerstone “Can’t Miss” events, monthly service opportunities, other youth special events, and annual retreats.
• Champions and implements a vision for volunteer development across Cornerstone Youth Ministries.
• Oversight of budget areas related to Cornerstone Youth Ministries
• Serves as an integral part of the LIFEjourney and Next Generation Ministry team to smoothly transition youth from one developmental stage to the next while accomplishing the goals of the church as they relate to the ministry at large.
• Follows and enforces all Child Protection Policies and Procedures as stated in the St. John Child Protection Policy and Procedure Manual.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• A bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministry or Christian Education is ideal, but not required.
• Previous youth ministry experience in a vibrant ministry is expected.
• Must be an inspiring communicator and have the ability to motivate youth and gain the trust of parents and volunteers.
• Passion for strengthening the faith of youth through vision, leadership, and example.
• Needs to be innovative, a team player, and proactive in establishing relationships.
• Ability to recruit, retain, and build a community of volunteers.
• A strong and personal commitment to Jesus Christ, a member of St. John Church or willingness to join.
For additional information visit our web-site at www.stjstl.net. Interested candidates should send a resume to email@example.com.