This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Children's Ministries
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 10/10/2011
Categories: Christian Education
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Part-Time
Position: Director of Children’s Ministries
The Director of Children’s Ministries will oversee the work of the Preschool and Elementary Department’s Coordinators in developing and leading lay staff to carry out the programs offered for children (birth through 5th grade) during weekly celebration, midweek services, special events, and summer programs.
Responsible To: Associate Pastor of Children’s Ministries
Imperative Duties: Maintain daily personal walk with the Lord. Be supportive of the Leadership Team.
1. Meet regularly as needed to review and plan for children’s ministry needs (birth through 5th grade).
2. Give input and select curriculum used for all children’s ministry programs.
3. Effectively administrate children’s ministries (birth through 5th grade).
4. Keep available resources for children’s ministry programs.
5. Communicate with children’s ministry leaders to coordinate calendar, events, and staffing needs.
6. Recruit and train children’s ministry leaders.
7. Adequately staff children’s ministry programs.
8. Oversee screening process for new volunteers including background checks, reference checks, and interviews.
9. Responsible for setup of rooms, oversees the check in/checkout process and has oversight authority for decisions during Sunday and Wednesday services and all children’s ministry programming.
The successful candidate will have:
1. A love for children and desire to minister to them and their families.
2. An understanding of how to recruit, empower, develop, and retain adult volunteers.
3. Excellent management Skills.
4. A desire to work on and with a team, so that success only happens when the team wins.
5. A commitment to reproducing themselves in others.
6. The ability to communicate with parents.
7. The ability to take and give constructive criticism.
Compensation: This is a Part-time (up to 24 hours per week) hourly position with no benefits. The hourly rate is between $16.15 and $23.37 depending on education and experience.