This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Brookwood Baptist Church
Lawrenceville, GA 30044, Georgia, United States
Date Posted: 10/09/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
This is a ground-floor opportunity to help us build the next great church.
Brookwood Baptist Church is a vibrant and contemporary congregation on the northeast side of Atlanta, in the heart of exciting Gwinnett County. We are a once-plateaued church in the beginning stages of implementing a new vision to Reach Today’s Generation…Whatever
The new vision includes a sweeping and creative overhaul of ministries and a major renovation and expansion of our campus to make both the environment and ministry more effective for young families. Though all age demographics are represented and welcome here,
we have all made a commitment to join forces to help reach the younger generation, and help stem the tide of young people deciding that God is irrelevant to their lives.
Make no mistake, implementing a new vision is not easy. There is no comfortable maintenance-ministry here. Even though the work is hard, the payoff is huge. On a daily basis, we are able to see God renovate His church and transform His people right before our
We are now looking for a full-time Youth Pastor to round out our incredible Staff Team. This person will be responsible for ministry to students grades 6-12.
Major responsibilities include:
- Leading/Teaching the Wednesday evening Student Worship Service
- Coordinating the Sunday morning small group student Bible Studies
- Recruiting and training adult leaders
- Coordinating student ministry activities and social events
- Maintaining good communication with parents
- Developing comprehensive outreach and discipleship strategies
- Building relationships with area schools
- Partnering with other church staff to improve the ministry of the entire church
A full job description is available upon request: email@example.com
The Youth Pastor will inherit:
- An eager core group of 30 students
- A dedicated team of 12 volunteers
- A youth bldg. slated for renovation per the vision of the new Youth Pastor
- A very talented group of student musicians
- A group of parents ready to pitch-in however they’re needed
- A pastor and church staff eager to insure the Youth Pastor’s success
Interested applicants should submit a resume’ and photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A video or audio recording of teaching is extremely helpful.