This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Associate Pastor & Worship
Koza Baptist Church
Okinawa City, Okinawa, Japan
Date Posted: 10/05/2011
Categories: Associate Pastor - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Koza Baptist Church has been serving the English speaking community on Okinawa for over 45 years. Our mission is to “Become Followers of Christ, On Mission with God”. The majority of our congregation are American military families who find themselves on Okinawa. Koza is an exciting ministry as we reach out to the young families on island. We also seek to reach the Japanese community through our Saturday bi-lingual service and English Classes during the week. We are also mission minded. In the past year we have sent 4 teams to serve an orphanage in the Philippines and 4 teams to provide disaster relief in northern Japan. Koza offers a great opportunity to serve in Japan, on the beautiful island of Okinawa and with a great fellowship of believers.
We are looking for a Associate Pastor & Worship who will continue what God has begun in our worship. Our worship vision is to bring glory to an“audience of one,” Jesus Christ. We average around 600 in worship each weekend, not including our preschool and children’s areas. Recently we began a Saturday night worship and we have three Sunday worship services each weekend. Our worship includes a choir, band, and a praise team. We have samples of the worship sets we have done in the past year on our website: http://kozabaptistchurch.org/worshipministry/worship-set
Bachelors and Seminary Degree
5 years in a growing church
Military service is desired but not required.
• A follower of Christ whose lives life with integrity.
• Called by God to serve as Associate Pastor with emphasis in Worship.
• Knowledgeable: Be thoroughly and currently informed and experienced in historical and contemporary worship trends.
• Able to communicate effectively: This position works closely with the Senior Pastor, other ministerial staff and support staff, Ministry Teams and church members at large.
• Aware of multiple resources that will facilitate the improvement and effectiveness of current worship ministries and the development of new worship ministries.
• Knowledgeable in Audio Visual (sound and lighting) equipment and the ability to train others.
• Ability to work with various worship groups such as choirs, praise band and singers.
• Understanding and ability to lead a worship band that includes piano, keyboard, drums, guitars, bass guitar, and occasionally brass.
• Knowledgeable in computer applications for the office and worship use.
1. Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive Worship Ministry.
2. Coordinate the Church Worship Ministry with the calendar and emphases of the church.
3. Work with the Worship Team and Ministry Associates in determining worship ministry goals, organization, leadership, facilities, finances and administrative process.
4. Assist the Senior Pastor in planning congregational services of the church.
5. Responsible for the selection of all music for the weekly worship sets.
6. Direct or oversee the direction of all music groups and congregational singing and worship, which include opportunities for children, students, and adults.
7. Along with other staff members, oversee and develop all Church publications and advertisements which include: the website, community advertisement, announcement slides, worship bulletins, and others.
8. Supervise maintenance of and additions to music library and equipment; provide musical materials, supplies, instruments, and other music equipment for use in the church programs.
9. Work in corporation with the appropriate persons in the selecting, enlisting, training, and counseling with song leaders, accompanists, and other musicians who serve in the church program organizations.
10. Be responsible for enlisting and training leaders for the Church Music Ministry in cooperation with other ministers and church teams.
11. Provide Administrative & Pastoral ministry assistance to the Senior Pastor and the congregation.
12. Work alongside church staff to oversee the financial accounting of the congregation.
Since we are an overseas congregation we will provide a salary, housing and other support. These will be discussed with candidates later in the process.
Contact: John Reimer, Pastor
Please send a cover letter, resume with references, and links to worship leading samples to firstname.lastname@example.org