This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Business Office Manager
First Presbyterian Church of Evanston
Evanston, Illinois, United States
Date Posted: 10/05/2011
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 751 to 1000
Job Type: Full-Time
Position: Church Business Manager
First Presbyterian Church of Evanston
We are a non profit organization, incorporated in Illinois, and founded in 1868. Our offices are located in Evanston. We have a membership around 800, a staff of 25, as well as partner with two organizations (on site) that include an additional 20 associates. We partner with and provide services to individuals and groups locally and throughout the world. Simply put, First Pres is a dynamic place to work.
The Church Business Manager is responsible for managing all accounting, information technology, human resource, and administrative functions for First Presbyterian Church of Evanston. The position reports directly to the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff and will work in a Christian relationship with all staff and members of the First Presbyterian Church of Evanston.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Demonstrates in all aspects of personal and job-related experiences a dynamic and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Manages all accounting and finance functions for the church, including general accounting; accounts payable; accounts receivable; payroll; and budget and financial reporting. Reviews, evaluates and implements accounting systems, policies, and procedures.
• Coordinates and oversees annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents.
• Oversees information technology for the church and works with outside consultant as needed.
• Oversees and manages all aspects of the human resource function for the church, including: recruiting of selected staff; recommending compensation structure; ensuring that HR and other policies are updated and followed; benefits; training; and, staff development.
• Interviews, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops Business Office staff and manages their schedules and workflow.
• Assists with strategic planning and special projects as required and any other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business.
• Minimum of six years of related experience at the manager level.
• Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports.
• Previous experience and/or understanding of duties and tasks of supervised employees.
• Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method.
• Ability to work with all staff and members of the congregation and to build solid relationships as expected in a Christian environment.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills with ability to manage priorities and workflow.
• Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
• Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise, motivate, and develop subordinates and to assist with same for church staff.
• Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
• Commitment to excellence and high standards.
• Demonstrated high level of proficiency in MS Office Suites (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
Exciting opportunity for the right candidate! Near El and Metra trains. Join a great team.
If interested, please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com or fax to (847) 864-1494 Attn: Business Office.
Website: www.firstpresevanston.org (not email)
First Presbyterian Church of Evanston is an equal opportunity employer.