This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Middle School Student Pastor
Maryland Heights, Missouri, United States
Date Posted: 10/05/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 2501 to 3000
Job Type: Full-Time
We are looking for a high energy, creative, proven leader, to fill the position of full time middle school pastor. You will have the opportunity to join a seasoned staff, to think outside the box, and to implement new ideas.
You need to have a high level leadership gift, be very relational, and be ready to help create environments that connect students to Christ.
- Oversee current team of Middle School volunteers
- Recruit, train, encourage, and oversee additional Middle School volunteers
- Provide monthly training for volunteers
- Work closely with the Student Ministry staff
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Prayerfully come up with topics, titles, and messages for weekly Middle School service
- Teach/communicate three times each month in Middle School
- Working with the staff, you will need to lead the charge in planning and implementing camps, retreat...
- Oversee small group ministry, as well as, small group leaders
- Be available to talk with and give spiritual advice to students and parents when needed
- Help S.M. Coordinator oversee the Middle School budget
- Understand and agree with overall vision/mission of Grace Church
- Be and remain a student of the culture
- Various other duties as required
Spiritual Gifts helpful for this position:
Leadership – Teaching – Discernment
Character Traits needed for this position:
Humble – Teachable – Trustworthy – Team player – Spiritually mature – Passionate about students knowing God
Education and experience required:
College or Bible school degree, three to five years experience working with students either in a large church or para-church organization.
Please send: Cover Letter – Resume – Picture to email@example.com