This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Children's Ministry Pastor
Mission Hills Church
Mission Viejo, California, United States
Date Posted: 10/04/2011
Categories: Children's Pastor
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
Big Vision, Laughter and Relevance! A passion for and desire to be part of a church that is sold out to impacting people's lives for Jesus. Interested? Desire to be part of a staff culture that is intensely passionate and committed to growth? Mission Hills Church is looking for a passionate leader to take our children's ministry to the next level.
Mission Hills Church is committed to reaching this generation for Jesus Christ. We seek to create environments relevant to our culture, whether it's in our dynamic worship services offered Sunday mornings, in a high-energy student and children's ministry or in small groups designed to draw people into relationships.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A LEADER WHO:
* Loves Jesus and is committed to life change
* Has an evangelistic passion
* Desires to be a Children's Pastor in every sense of the word
* Has talent and experience in raising up and developing leaders
* Has passion and ability to recruit and mobilize people
* Is a dreamer/visionary
* Set the Spiritual Intensity of Mission Kids
* Coordinate our Sunday Morning Mission Kids experience from start to finish
* Recruit, Coordinate, Train & Encourage our Mission Kids volunteers
* Take the lead in creating a safe and secure environment for our Children to learn about Jesus (Nursery through 5th Grade)
* Take initiative to create a ministry that impacts families in our community
* Oversee child-care programs for "all-church" events
* Give oversight to our mid-week AWANA program
THIS WON'T HURT EITHER:
* Be proficient in social media and it's uses in ministry
* Extroverted Personality
* Have a healthy sense of balance and time management
* Be able to see the big picture when it comes to Children's Ministry in the local church
IMPORTANT! Your resume should demonstrate each of the following:
1. A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
2. A stable work history including 2+ years of ministry leadership in a church.
3. Measurable ministry growth related to children and volunteers
If interested in this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to Doug Boyd at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE***