This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Director of Music
North Lake Presbyterian Church
Lady Lake, Florida, United States
Date Posted: 10/04/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Denominations: Presbyterian -- PCUSA
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
DIRECTOR OF MUSIC
For Traditional Worship Services
North Lake Presbyterian Church, Lady Lake, FL 32159
The Mission of North Lake is:
To worship and glorify God with joy and enthusiasm and to encourage others to draw closer to Him.
Director Chancel Choir, Concert Choirs and Hand Bell Choir
Music Director, Traditional worships services (2)
Full Time with benefits
Candidate must have a sincere committment to Christ, His church and to music as a integral component of worship. Have formal training in music or music education, preferably a Masters degree and/or significant experience in church music leadership.
Have the ability to lead choral groups (chancel choir, seasonal concert choirs, Handbell choir) and, informally the congregation, in variety of musical styles: traditional (not high-church), modern (semi-classical), melodies (in the romantic style), gospel and contemporary. Incorporate orchestration to complement choral presentations for seasonal and special recognition-event performances.
Plan, design and produce a diverse blend and style of music for two traditional worship services (8:30 a.m. & 11:15 a.m.). Provide and lead music in a manner that is more ‘from the heart than for the art’ and is at the same time professionally performed.
Have a gift for leadership, good organization and administration skills. Be a "team player" and ‘bridge builder’ and relate warmly to the congregation and musicians.
Be able to deliver a music program that resonates with the area population described below.
Familiarization with orchestration and vocal arrangements.
Background information about our church, the area and its people
NLPC is 20 years old and the second largest congregation in the presbytery (membership is 1650 and growing). Our evangelical flavor and music program attract people from all denominations. Choir loft seats 125; sanctuary is the largest auditorium in the area, seating 1350. There are 100 voices in the choir. Seasonal concert choirs usually have 125 voices.
We exist on the geographic edge of The Villages, the largest and fastest growing retirement community in America. Additionally, three smaller retirement communities are nearby. Area population exceeds 100,000. The under age 55 population within a five mile radius of the church is 38,800.
Residents of these communities enjoy a very active retired lifestyle, are highly educated, possess seemingly unlimited musical, dramatic, and artistic skills honed prior to retirement. Our church music program benefits significantly from this wealth of talent.
The Director of Music is directly responsible to the senior pastor as immediate supervisor, ultimately to the church session through the Worship Elder.
• Plan and select music with worship planning team for two traditional worship services
• Direct the chancel choir, seasonal concert choirs and handbell choir
• Coordinate with Media Director to display music material for projection screen
• Supervise music department personnel (organist/pianist and administrative assistant)
• Develop and manage the music department budget for traditional worship services and concerts
• Maintain legal requirements for using copyrighted materials (e.g. with CCLI)
• Oversee maintenance of all musical instruments and equipment
• Maintain good communication with other staff members and lay leaders by attending weekly church staff meeting and
worship planning sessions.
• Coordinate music support with pastoral care and music department staff for instrumental and vocal component(s) for
funerals, memorial services and weddings.
• Produce and conduct three annual Christmas concerts and two annual Easter concerts
• Produce and conduct special concerts of value to the church and the community
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Applicants should send resume via email to email@example.com. Mail applications to the address below, attention
Mr. Craig Bennett, Chair, Music Director Search Committee. If available, provide a CD/DVD and/or web site as part of the
North Lake Presbyterian Church
975 Rolling Acres Road
Lady Lake, FL 32159
Note: Applicants should review the church web site www.northlakepc.org for more information about North Lake and this position.