This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Life Community Church
Nashville, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 09/29/2011
Categories: Senior Pastor
Church Size: 251 to 350
Job Type: Full-Time
• Our church is nearly 30 years old and is gearing up for the next season in our history. Our church has a rich tradition in both the move of the Spirit and the application of the Word. You might say we are a blend between Hillsong Church and Fellowship Church.
• New Life is located in the small town of Nashville, IN. It’s nestled between Bloomington (to the west), Columbus (the east) and Indianapolis (to the north). So a love for life in a small town (with large town amenities nearby) is a must.
• The Lead Pastor will be a key in growing our ministry today and for years to come. We are looking for someone to come on board and work with our energetic Board of Elders in moving the Body of Christ that meets at New Life in the pursuit of the five fold ministry of the Church.
• Our vision is simple: New Life is a place where lives are transformed, relationships thrive, and people become life-long followers of Christ.
• Our goal is to see people become disciple makers.
• Our philosophy of ministry is to:
o CREATE irresistible encounters with God during the Sunday services
o DEVELOP spiritual growth through mentoring/small groups
o RELEASE people to reach the lost and impact the community
• One of our greatest strengths is that we are a church comprised of very talented and motivated people who pour themselves into our ministries and leadership roles.
• Provide overall leadership in conjunction with the Elder Board to the Body as a whole.
• Grow and develop leaders to do the work of the ministry (through preaching, teaching, mentoring, and relationship building).
• Preach in the Sunday services and teach on Wednesday evenings.
• Supervise staff for youth, children and connections departments.
• Team leader that crosses ministry “territories” to assist in implementing the church vision. This is a talented body and Elder board looking for a Spirit led leader to partner with them to fulfill God’s call on our lives.
• Build ministry based on our goal of seeing people become disciple makers, who impact the community by reaching the lost and showing compassion through the love of Christ.
• Bible College/Seminary degree OR Equivalent Experience
• Passion to develop leaders and release them to do the ministry
• Ability to cast vision, recruit and build teams, develop and direct staff and ministry leaders
• Must be able to bridge age groups and relate to and unite each segment of the congregation
• Possess a passion for impacting the local community
• Willing to make a long-term commitment to serve in central Indiana
• Passion & compassion for the Body that meets at New Life
Please address all requirements/qualifications individually in your response.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume and photo to: ElderBoard@newlifecc.org (please send as either a Microsoft Word document OR a PDF file.)
If your resume makes it beyond the initial phase, you will be asked to submit a DVD of a recent message. Please be prepared to submit your DVD upon request.
Any additional questions should be emailed to ElderBoard@newlifecc.org.