This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Fellowship Community Church
Salem, Virginia, United States
Date Posted: 09/29/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Fellowship Community Church is seeking a full time Student Pastor for our middle school, high school and college students. The right candidate will have a passion for our youth and the specific calling to lead them to a closer relationship to God. This position will be responsible for weekly large group and small group teaching. This position will also be responsible for developing leaders and budgets. Must be a hard working self-motivated staff pastor. They should also be an out-going fun loving, team player. Minimum ministry experience is at least three years of youth pastor experience and a successful track record of leading a youth group of 100+ students. We are confident that God has the right person for this position and we are prayerful that we will do everything possible to find them.
Ground Rules For Application:
We thank you in advance. The Search Team requests that you please respect our process by following these ground rules:
1. Candidates will submit documents and communications VIA E-MAIL ONLY to email@example.com.
A. Cover letter
C. 3 professional references
D. Questionnaire (will be emailed upon receipt of A,B, and C above)
E. (Optional) Electronic example of message/sermon (could be a link)
2. Candidates will make NO individual phone calls, e-mails, or personal visits to talk with church staff, church members, or Search Team
3. Search Team will acknowledge receipt of application via E-MAIL ONLY
4. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a telephone interview is requested
5. Search Team will notify candidate when references will be contacted prior to personal interview only
6. Search Team will notify candidate in the event a visit should be scheduled for an interview
Receiving resumes through October
Interviews through November
Selection Process December
The Student Pastor is responsible for the overall development and implementation
of reaching and discipling middle school, high school, and college students utilizing the five purposes of FCC:
a. Coordinate “big events” to reach un-churched youth on their turf. (Lock-in, 5th quarter, retreats, summer camp)
b. Visit regularly the various schools for lunches, school events, sporting events, etc.
c. Train and allow practice for students to utilize various methods of evangelism such as “cold calls”, relational, testimonies, servanthood, etc.
d. To baptize our students at church wide baptisms.
a. Develop, along with adult leadership, a youth band, vocal team, and
b. Teach on and facilitate an environment that encourages youth to experience God’s presence.
a. Develop a thriving small group ministry for students. This includes curriculum selection in conjunction with leadership team.
b. Provide 1 on 1 and/or short term small groups to disciple new believers.
c. Coordinate at least 1 annual winter retreat
a. Provide ministry opportunities in the community and church where
students can utilize their giftedness for Kingdom work. This will include providing a list of service opportunities on Sunday morning (Worship one, Serve one) including but not limited to ushers, greeters, and children’s ministry.
b. Have and ongoing process whereby students are taught about spiritual
a. Provide an annual trip that will rotate between local, North American, and
• Budget-Works with youth leadership in planning, implementing, and submitting an annual budget to Management Team.
• Leadership development-A high priority of each staff member is to recruit, train and develop college students and adults in student ministry planning and implementation. Meetings with this group of lay leaders is to be at least monthly.
• Pastoral Responsibilities/Preaching-To fill in as needed. If gifted in this area, to be a regular part of AM teaching series. To assist with weddings and funerals as needed and requested. To assist with hospital visitation and counseling as needed.
• Accountability-The Student Pastor reports to the Executive Pastor on a day-to-day basis and to the Pastor & Elders in annual reviews.
• Parents-Have at least one quarterly parents meeting to inform and share details as to what is taking place in the student ministry. Implementing Faith at Home practices throughout all areas of student ministry including but not limited to providing periodic seminars for parents to help them develop parenting skills, communication skills with teens, etc.
• Local Association-Seek to coordinate with other Roanoke Valley SBC like minded youth groups in the area for periodic events such as retreats, Disciple Now weekends, etc.
• Secretarial help-This will be provided as needed for brochures, mailings, and other duties as needed. Will do calendaring for events and vehicle usage through secretary and master calendar of church.
• Attendance & records-Will keep accurate records of professions of faith, baptisms, small groups, etc.
• Other duties-This position will require approximately 80% student ministry work and 20% other duties. This could be in the area of evangelism, men’s ministry, discipleship, small groups, etc. It will need to meet a need in the church and the passion/giftedness of the individual.