This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
New Albany, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 09/29/2011
Categories: Other Pastor - Outreach
Denominations: Christian Church
Church Size: 4001 to 5000
Job Type: Full-Time
Northside Christian Church is looking for an energetic, engaging person in our pursuit to worship and glorify the name of Jesus. This is a shepherding role, being instrumental in the oversight and development of volunteers and programs with excellence. We are looking for someone who has a heart for disciple-making, solid administrative ability and a desire to see the body of Christ grow in a new and fresh way. NCC is a growing community of believers with an average weekend attendance of over 5000 people.
We are an independent Christian Church that is an Elder protected, Staff led fellowship in New Albany, Indiana.
• Must be a follower of Jesus Christ, exhibiting a growing relationship and spiritual maturity
• Must be a team player, yet a gifted leader
• Must be comfortable with teaching and equipping others
• Must possess strong team-building and leadership skills
• Must be dependable, self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative
• Must possess a strong work ethic with the ability to balance needs of family
• Must have a minimum education level of a Bachelor’s degree from a Bible College
• Must have experience leading / equipping / supervising a professional staff
The Grow Pastor directs and oversees the adult ministry staff. The Grow staff includes two home group ministers, one women’s ministry minister, one full-time and one part-time administrative assistant. The Grow Pastor directs and oversees adult group programs. These programs include home groups, table groups (meeting at church), men’s groups and women’s groups. The right person for this role will be committed to discipleship, multiplication and developing leaders. The Grow Pastor will help craft though process for people to move from baptism, to being connected, to becoming leaders, to developing disciples who make disciples.
Key gifts for this role are alignment, encourager, administrative, innovator, developer and communicator. The Grow Pastor will serve as a member of the leadership team and report directly to the Senior Pastor.
These are dynamics that mark the way in which we live ministry.
• Naturally Balanced
• Outreach to Friends
• Real Relationships
• Team-Based Ministry
• Holy Spirit-Led Leaders
• Sound Doctrine
• Individuals Committed to Unity
• Devoted to Prayer
This is our holistic direction as Church leaders and lay leaders that we’re committed to living out in our daily lives. Expectations are everything and the Word leads us in this living.
• Gathering (weekend worship experience)
• Guarding (personal growth and protection of unity)
• Grouping (involved in group life)
• Giving (time, meaningful service, & faithful financially)
• Going (willing to share faith & invest well into others)
Interested candidates should submit:
Cover letter and resume (including references).
Provide a detailed explanation of your disciple-making philosophy.
Share your life verses from the Bible, include why they have become part of your journey.
Provide a brief outline of the last time you shared the Gospel. Include any results/next steps
List your weaknesses in ministry, how you’ve realized them and allowed them to not hinder you.
Take the Strength Finders 2.0 test @ http://www.strengthsfinder.com (email your results)
Email your complete package to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also submit by mail to:
Northside Christian Church
ATTN: Grow Pastor Position
4407 Charlestown Road
New Albany, IN 47150