This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Ridge Point Community Church
Holland, Michigan, United States
Date Posted: 09/28/2011
Categories: Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Church Size: 3001 to 4000
Job Type: Full-Time
Ridge Point Community Church is looking for a talented and experienced musician who is passionate about leading worship and mentoring others to lead worship on a rotating basis. Our weekend schedule includes 4 identical worship services (one on Saturday night and three on Sunday morning) where we welcome 2,500 to 3,500 people each weekend. The ideal candidate would be an enthusiastic, humble, talented performer, teacher, and team player. If you would like to find out more about joining our team, please see full position description and application requirements at www.ridgepoint.org/employment.
Reporting Relationship: The Music Director will report to the Worship Arts Pastor. The Choir Director will report to the Music Director.
Function: Develop, rehearse, and lead volunteer musicians (vocal and instrumental). Strive to consistently communicate the message of Christ with excellence through the use of music in all aspects of weekend services, productions and other special events.
Hours: Full-time, including weekend and/or evening hours
• Provide creative input for and work closely with the Worship Arts planning teams in the development of Ridge Point’s atmosphere of worship.
• Rehearse and direct weekend musicians (vocal and instrumental), including assisting with sound checks
• Coordinate music including charts and arrangements for preludes, offertories, participatory songs, and special music. Provide digital copy of lyrics for weekend services.
• Coordinate logistics including scheduling, band set up, and distribution of music packets
• Recruit, audition, and develop volunteer musicians (vocal and instrumental)
• Disciple and mentor other volunteer worship leaders and band leaders included in weekend rotations
• Lead worship at least once a month during the weekend services (Sat 6:00pm/Sun 8:30/10:00/11:30am)
• Evaluate cultural trends, continually evaluating and strengthening worship experiences through music
• Lead the Choir Director and engage this team when a larger ensemble of voices is part of the service
• Coordinate music for special productions as needed, including arranging and recording
• Oversee maintenance and inventory of band equipment
• Partner with other ministry leaders (Eg. Students and Children) to develop volunteer musicians who serve in ministry areas outside of the weekend worship services
• A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that results in a life lived in obedience to the will of God as described in the Bible; Beliefs consistent with Ridge Point Church “Statement of Belief”
• Passion and ability to lead worship through vocal and instrumental music in a church setting
• Demonstrated ability to recruit, develop, and empower volunteer leaders in healthy ways which promote their spiritual growth
• Preferred two years experience in leading worship from an instrument, preferably a guitar or keyboard
• Preferred two years of proven ability to develop, lead, and inspire volunteer musicians
• Ability to arrange music for live performance, including rhythm, vocal, and horn charts
• Self directed, teachable spirit with servant’s heart for ministry
• Spiritual gifts of leadership, shepherding, creativity and communication
• Excellent communication and listening skills; ability to consistently encourage and support others
• Strong logistical skills (attention to detail, ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks concurrently, and objectively apply problem-solving skills)
• Strong organizational and technological abilities (specifically using MS Office)
• Understands and owns the vision of Ridge Point Community Church
• Member or willing to become a member of Ridge Point Church within 6 months of employment