This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Assistant Student Minister/Administrator
Plano, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/28/2011
Categories: Business/Administration - Youth Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
ASSISTANT STUDENT MINISTER/ADMINISTRATOR
Grace Community Church Plano, TX
The Assistant Student Minister/Administrator is directly under the Student Pastor and is a member of the Fusion Staff. He/She will minister to the spiritual needs of the Jr. High and Senior High age groups attending Grace and reach out to those specific groups in the community. He/She is expected to contribute to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, prayer, support, and other appropriate ways, as he/she serves his/her Lord Jesus Christ, the church and the student ministry.
MISSION AND PURPOSE:
Fusion exists to REACH non-believing students, to CONNECT them with other Christians, to help them GROW in their faith, and to challenge the growing to SERVE in a ministry and HONOR God with their life.
• Spends time in prayer and Bible study on a daily basis.
• Works approximately 40 hours per week, although circumstances may require working occasionally on some days off. Maintains flexible working hours as determined by the needs of the ministry.
• Stays current with ministry trends.
• Attends all staff meetings and retreats, as directed.
• Is at the church for regular worship services.
• Love for Christ and a passion for students.
• Creative and detail oriented.
• Proficient in computer and office skills including document editing, design, PowerPoint, communication, copier, fax machine, folding machine, and telephone skills.
• Be able to adapt to frequent change and learn quickly.
• Be a team player with other office staff.
• Willingness to learn, lead, train and delegate.
• Help oversee strategic student operations including weekend and small group ministries as part of student leadership team. This will involve leading and managing: the purposes of God (see 5M’s below), people (parents, lay leaders, volunteers), programs (camps, retreats, trips), procedures and property (budget funds, facilities coordination).
• Preach and teach at student gatherings when needed or in conjunction with Student Pastor.
• Membership: Seek, attract and win students to Christ.
• Maturity: Build students toward Christ like maturity.
• Ministry: Meet the unique needs of students and help them to discover their unique service in the body of Christ.
• Missions: Equip students to share the Good News of Jesus Christ.
• Magnification: Equip and facilitate the growth of worship individually and corporately.
• Provide Administrative Leadership to Fusion Student Ministry.
• Work with the Financial Secretary to keep track of the Student Ministry budget and expenses.
• Maintain an up–to-date Student database through ACS.
• Produce and maintain accessibility of all forms that pertain to Fusion Student Ministry.
• Develop and maintain student records for registration and participation of events and classes.
(camps, retreats, small groups, etc.).
• Organize Travel, Lodging and Trip Details as they pertain to local and non-local events.
• Foster creativity (videos, stage-design, sermon illustrations) for student gatherings.
• Order Ministry and Café Supplies as needed.
Contact: email@example.com; 972-335-3112
Compensation: $25K-$30K plus benefits