This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Ark Church
Conroe, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/28/2011
Categories: Church Developer - Media/Technology
Church Size: 5001 to 7500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Ark Church in Conroe, Texas is looking to expand their Media Department with the addition of a Web Designer. The right applicant will enjoy the environment of creativity, energy and the satisfaction of a job well done. We value our staff and our staff values their role and the impact they make in transforming lives for Jesus.
Qualified candidates will have 2 – 3 years experience creating, designing, managing, and publishing content for websites, web applications, mobile applications and/or e-commerce sites.
You should apply if you have...
• Completed an associates and bachelors degree (Information Technology, Design, Business, Marketing, Communications, etc.)
• Expertise in graphic design & web design principles with the ability to adhere to The Ark Church brand standards
• An education with Adobe design and web products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks)
• Experience of seamless integration of the front- to back-end functionality
• Worked with Content Management Systems (CMS) like Wordpress, Joomala, Osmek and other platforms
• Experience with email marketing design and content development
• Experience with online advertising & analytics
• An understanding of targeting SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for mobile and web
• Ability to meet expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• A portfolio that showcases skills in creating digital assets
Hopefully this would describe you...
• Spend a lot of time on the Internet even when you are not working
• Google, Facebook, Twitter are in your daily vocabulary
• Have designed and launched a blog or website on your own
• Buy domain names every time a new idea comes to mind
• Judges a website by overall experience not just it's look
• Self-motivated spirit, able to work well with a team
• Results oriented, striving to always become better
• Actively read blogs, listen to podcasts, check in to places, and take iPhone photos/videos
• Have an urge to tweet while reading this job description
This job will require you to...
• Be a member of The Ark Church - upholding the church’s values and heart
• Be a member of the Media Team - having ownership and giving input on all projects
• Spear head the ideas and brainstorms for taking all aspects of The Ark to the web
• Research and prepare material in support of new web design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas
• Design, development, test and deliver web sites and micro sites
• Manage content and distribution among websites, social media platforms, and mobile applications
• Produce church-wide and department emails through an email marketing solution
• Implement web, social media and mobile marketing strategies
• Ensure all online content aligns with web guidelines and brand standards
• Manage online video & audio assets
• Lead other freelance web designers and developers to complete larger projects
Pay: Competitive Salary (plus benefits)
Please email link to portfolio and resume in PDF form to: email@example.com
We respectfully request No Phone Calls Please