The Ark Church in Conroe, Texas is looking to expand their Media Department with the addition of a Web Designer. The right applicant will enjoy the environment of creativity, energy and the satisfaction of a job well done. We value our staff and our staff values their role and the impact they make in transforming lives for Jesus.
Qualified candidates will have 2 – 3 years experience creating, designing, managing, and publishing content for websites, web applications, mobile applications and/or e-commerce sites.
You should apply if you have...
• Completed an associates and bachelors degree (Information Technology, Design, Business, Marketing, Communications, etc.)
• Expertise in graphic design & web design principles with the ability to adhere to The Ark Church brand standards
• An education with Adobe design and web products (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks)
• Experience of seamless integration of the front- to back-end functionality
• Worked with Content Management Systems (CMS) like Wordpress, Joomala, Osmek and other platforms
• Experience with email marketing design and content development
• Experience with online advertising & analytics
• An understanding of targeting SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for mobile and web
• Ability to meet expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• A portfolio that showcases skills in creating digital assets
Hopefully this would describe you...
• Spend a lot of time on the Internet even when you are not working
• Google, Facebook, Twitter are in your daily vocabulary
• Have designed and launched a blog or website on your own
• Buy domain names every time a new idea comes to mind
• Judges a website by overall experience not just it's look
• Self-motivated spirit, able to work well with a team
• Results oriented, striving to always become better
• Actively read blogs, listen to podcasts, check in to places, and take iPhone photos/videos
• Have an urge to tweet while reading this job description
This job will require you to...
• Be a member of The Ark Church - upholding the church’s values and heart
• Be a member of the Media Team - having ownership and giving input on all projects
• Spear head the ideas and brainstorms for taking all aspects of The Ark to the web
• Research and prepare material in support of new web design concepts and create working drawings, storyboards and layouts to evaluate and present these ideas
• Design, development, test and deliver web sites and micro sites
• Manage content and distribution among websites, social media platforms, and mobile applications
• Produce church-wide and department emails through an email marketing solution
• Implement web, social media and mobile marketing strategies
• Ensure all online content aligns with web guidelines and brand standards
• Manage online video & audio assets
• Lead other freelance web designers and developers to complete larger projects
Pay: Competitive Salary (plus benefits)
Please email link to portfolio and resume in PDF form to: email@example.com
We respectfully request No Phone Calls Please
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Technical / Video DirectorPeoples Church | Fresno
- Fresno, California
- December 7
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Front End Web DeveloperCentral Christian Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- December 5
Technical Director AssistantAbundant Life
- Lees Summit, Missouri
- December 5
Graphic DesignerLife Church
- Germantown, Wisconsin
- December 5
The Ark Church
The Ark Church began in 1996 with Pastor Alan & Joy Clayton and 2 other couples coming out of Lakewood Church under founding pastor, John Osteen (Joel's father). We are a contemporary evangelical church with a charismatic background currently averaging 5,000-6,000 in weekly attendance. More...