This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
The Journey Church
New York, New York, United States
Date Posted: 09/28/2011
Categories: Campus Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
Campus Pastor @ The Journey Church in NYC:
Are you called to serve in New York City?
The Journey is a contemporary 9 year old church with 3 campuses in New York City (Upper West Side, Village and Queens) and one in South Florida.
The Journey is currently interviewing for a new opening for a Campus Pastor position in NYC.
The Journey consistently has over 1,000 adults attending weekend services, currently has over 1,100 in groups and expects continued growth.
Are you passionate about raising up new leaders and volunteers, seeing people get connected in the church and challenging them to grow in their faith?
Are you called to be a pastor and willing to take ownership and provide primary leadership for one of The Journey's NYC campuses?
Are you willing to work with a team to grow your campus and the church's other campuses?
Do you have the ability and passion to lead and develop the evangelism, discipleship, stewardship, ministry and worship systems of your campus?
Do you have a high view of 'serving as part of discipleship' and do you have a strong desire to reach unchurched young professionals?
This is a campus pastor position with the potential to make a difference with the best and the brightest from around the world that make up the Journey Church in NYC.
- Leadership, growth and innovation of a Journey campus in NYC. You will lead day-to-day operations for that campus and oversee all of the systems for that campus.
- Serve as the primary pastor, contact person and leader for the assigned campus.
- Requires the ability to lead teams effectively and to raise up new leaders at a rapid rate. Also, organizational and administrative skills are a must.
- The ability to teach and contribute to The Journey's teaching team is required as well as the ability to work well with and lead staff.
- Must be extremely hard-working and have had leadership experience on a large or growing church staff.
- Other desired characteristics include strong interpersonal skills; growing leader; team builder; sense of humor; risk-taker.
- A Solid Calling to New York City
- The ability to manage and lead a growing campus and the systems of that campus
- A passion for the Bible and innovation
- An ability to teach, lead classes and lead meetings (volunteers/staff)
- A team player
- Experience in a large/growing church
- A positive attitude
- A familiarity with The Purpose Driven Church Model
- A risk taker
- A passion for discipleship and not letting anyone fall through the cracks
- A passion and drive for evangelism and reaching the unchurched
- A high commitment to the local church
- Must have experience in a church of 500 or more
- Must be willing to work up to 60 hours a week when necessary
Only resumes accompanied with a COVER LETTER will be considered.
The cover letter should be personalized for this position and should answer 4 questions:
(1) Why are interested in this position?
(2) Have you read any books by Nelson Searcy? (Fusion, Activate, Maximize, etc.)? Are you familiar with the 8 Systems of the Church and the semester-based small groups model?
(3) Why would you feel comfortable relocating to New York City?
(4) What about you makes you stand out from other candidates for this position?
*Also – if you have a recent video/audio of you teaching in front of a group (large or small) – please include that along with your resume and cover letter.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.