This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Worship/Music
Lakeside Baptist Church
Granbury, Texas, United States
Date Posted: 09/26/2011
Categories: Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist --SBC
Church Size: 1001 to 1500
Job Type: Full-Time
The Minister of Music/Worship reports to the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor. The Minister of Music/Worship is responsible for planning, conducting and evaluating a comprehensive ministry of music and worship. He establishes choirs, selects and trains choir members, selects music and obtains all instrumentalists including but not limited to the pianist, keyboardistst and all instrumentalist in the worship orchestra. He works with the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor in programming for regular and special church services. He is responsible to lead worship for church services and for planning special music events.
Education: Seminary Masters Level Degree required.
Experience: 10 years in a growing church setting with a proven track record in Music/Worship Ministry.
• A born again believer whose moral character models the Christian lifestyle.
• Called by God to serve as Minister of Music/Worship.
• Knowledgeable: Be thoroughly and currently informed and experienced in historical and contemporary music and worship trends.
• Able to communicate effectively: This position works closely with the Senior Pastor, other ministerial staff and support staff, Ministry Teams and church members at large.
• Aware of multiple resources that will facilitate the improvement and effectiveness of current music/worship ministries and the development of new music/worship ministries.
1. Direct the planning, coordination, operation, and evaluation of a comprehensive Music Ministry.
2. Coordinate the Church Music Ministry with the calendar and emphases of the church.
3. Work with the Worship Team and Ministry Associates in determining music ministry goals, organization, leadership, facilities, finances and administrative process.
4. Assist the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor in planning congregational services of the church.
5. Responsible for the selection of all music for the church.
6. Be aware of weddings and funerals to be held in the church, be available for counsel and arrange and provide music for special projects, ministries, and other church-related activities in cooperation with appropriate individuals or groups.
7. Direct or oversee the direction of all music groups and congregational singing.
8. Be responsible for enlisting and training leaders for the Church Music Ministry in cooperation with other ministers and church teams.
9. Supervise the work of all music leaders in the Music Ministry.
10. Work in corporation with the appropriate persons in the selecting, enlisting, training, and counseling with song leaders, accompanists, and other musicians who serve in the church program organizations.
11. Coordinate the performance schedules of music groups and individuals in the functions of the church.
12. Give direction to a Music Ministry Plan of visitation, enlistment, and pastoral care.
13. Supervise maintenance of and additions to music library and equipment; provide musical materials, supplies, instruments, and other music equipment for use in the church programs.
14. Keep informed on current music methods, materials, promotion and administration.
15. Develop an academy of music, drama, and fine arts that will develop, enlist and encourage opportunities in the preparation, study and performance curriculum for music, drama and fine arts.
16. In consultation with the Finance Team, prepare an annual budget to be recommended to the church
17. Perform other duties at the request of the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor