This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
AGORA Search Group
Unspecified, California, United States
Date Posted: 09/24/2011
Categories: Executive Pastor
Denominations: Not Applicable
Church Size: Not Applicable
Job Type: Full-Time
The role of the Executive Pastor (XP) is to assist the Lead Pastor in cultivating and implementing the vision of the church through strategic leadership and planning, and development of the church staff. Primary responsibilities include the day-to-day operational management of the church and leading the staff. The XP is responsible for the strategic planning process and implementation of the mission of the Church. The XP will lead the Executive Leadership Team.
1. Staff Development: Responsible for organizational development of staff. Establish clear evaluation process and procedures. Prioritize additions and lead the hiring process of new staff. Establish goals and key results, provide accountability, motivation, conflict resolution, mentoring and coaching.
2. Strategic Leadership and Planning: The XP will manage the long-range planning process and develop short and long-term strategic plans collaboratively with Lead Pastor and staff.
3. Pastoral Partnership: Engage with the Lead Pastor. With a mutual understanding and in agreement, grasp his “vision, dreams, and objectives” and craft them with discernment, communicating with him while executing them utilizing the Lead Pastor’s gifts and calling.
4. Administration: Oversee the administration of the church through appropriate staff and lay leadership teams.
5. General Operations: In partnership with the staff, the XP is responsible for budgeting, church operations, including facilities and technology. Understand and communicate “how things get done” for each area of ministry.
6. Pastoral Ministry: Desire and capability to shepherd the staff and available to minister to the local church body.
Serving/served in XP role
Managed church budget of $750k or more
Serving/served in California or secured College/Seminary Degree in California
HOW TO APPLY
No phone calls please
Email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Code must be identified in subject line