This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Date Posted: 09/23/2011
Categories: Missions Pastor
Church Size: 1501 to 2000
Job Type: Full-Time
Grace Church is a contemporary church located in Southern Overland Park, a suburb of the Kansas City metro area. We exist to love Jesus more today than yesterday, love others the way He does, learn more about God and His Word each day, and lead others along this same road. This is our mission "to love, to learn, to lead". In an effort to connect our church family to this mission, we consistently strive to see everyone at Grace grow to love Christ and find a friend to love at Grace, find a place to learn about God and His Word, and find a place to lead, either in a ministry within Grace, or in an outreach outside the walls of Grace.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
Provide leadership and vision for the Local and World Missions area of Grace Church. Help every regular attender of Grace to find a place to lead within the local community or around the world. Position requires strong leadership abilities, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to cast vision effectively.
• Develop overall vision, strategy and specific goals to facilitate every person at Grace finding a place to lead.
• Cast vision and lead team for Personal Evangelism as well as Local and World Mission areas.
• Implement a Missions leader support structure.
• Lead the Missions team meetings.
• Recruit, coach and encourage Mission leaders.
• Consistently meet with the Mission leaders and coaches.
• Develop training process for Mission leaders and coaches
• Cast and implement vision for church-wide Missions development.
• Insure that every attender has valid opportunities to get involved in reaching the world locally or internationally
• Pastor experience at a large church.
• Strong Leadership skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to cast vision effectively.
• Passionate ownership of the vision, mission, values and purposes of Grace Church.
• Accept and agree with Grace Statement of Faith and member overview.
• Accept, support, and comply with Grace Church doctrine in fulfilling your job duties.
• Live a life consistent with Biblical principles and moral standards.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.