This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Campbell RIver Baptist Church
Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
Date Posted: 09/22/2011
Categories: Youth Pastor
Church Size: 501 to 750
Job Type: Full-Time
Our Youth Pastor oversees the grade 7 – 12 student ministries of Campbell River Baptist Church (CRBC). He will be a key member of the pastoral ministry team who, wholeheartedly, believes in and supports the mission and vision of CRBC. Leading from the CRBC vision, the chief responsibility of the Youth Pastor will be to ensure a functional, disciple-making ministry takes place in the student body.
CHURCH AND COMMUNITY
Campbell River is located on the east coast of Vancouver Island, a ninety-minute drive north of Nanaimo from where there is frequent ferry service to Vancouver. It is a small city of 33,000 overlooking Discovery Passage. Our senior youth group (Grades 9 - 12) up to the last year averaged ninety students to its weekly meeting while our junior group (Grades 7- 8) averaged thirty-five. CRBC could be described as evangelical and conservative. You can learn more about our church by viewing our website: www.crbaptist.bc.ca
PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS: The chosen Youth Pastor needs to be:
(1) One who has an active and regular personal devotional and prayer life.
(2) One who has strength of character and be known for his friendliness, discretion, trustworthiness, stability, compassion, integrity and Biblical love for His Lord and others.
(3) A growing, committed Christian, of godly character, who lives out the CRBC value of balanced life priorities, that is, following the prioritized order of: God, wife, family, and then church. This would require being at home with his family for at least 3 nights a week
(4) If married, one whose wife would be in full support of him and his ministry and be an active member of CRBC.
(5) One who is formally educated, and together with life experience, qualified to carry out all the demands of the CRBC Youth Ministry. This position normally requires that the candidate have a degree from Bible school.
(6) One who has a servant’s attitude and operates with a good team spirit.
(7) One who is an active member of CRBC in full agreement with our mission, vision and values.
(8) One who meets the spiritual criteria of a Pastor as described in I Timothy 3:1-8, Titus 1;1, I Peter 5:1-2; Acts 20:28.
(9) One who has experience in leading a successful youth ministry.
(10) One who will complete ReBOOT (a CRBC discipleship training tool)
PRINCIPLE FUNCTIONS - This person would:
(1) Use his communication skills in teaching and preaching the Bible to the youth, seeking to lead them to be committed disciples of Christ.
(2) Attend a weekly life group with his wife.
(3) Develop, recruit, implement and oversee both junior and senior high ministries.
(4) Provide global vision, coordination and facilitation of the student ministries.
(5) Create a ministry environment in which students are able to develop and articulate a distinctly Christian world-view.
(6) Provide Biblical counselling for the teens.
(7) Provide pastoral care to the volunteers of the youth ministry.
(8) Develop a Youth Leadership Team which would:
• Assist in formulating, developing, and coordinating plans for carrying out the Youth Programs.
• Give their counsel on establishing and implementing goals, and assist in creating and submitting an annual budget.
• Assist in recruiting youth leaders and providing opportunities for them to serve in the youth programs.
• Work with the Youth Pastor in establishing an effective Life (small) Group ministry in both the junior and senior programs.
(9) Train potential youth pastors who come for a period of Youth Internship with CRBC.
(10) Develop, implement and oversee the staffing, volunteers, and ongoing operation of the youth ministry.
(11) Furnish yearly goals for the youth ministry, which will be the guide for his annual evaluation by the Lead Pastor.
(12) Be required to take a week of professional development each year.
(1) He shall work with the pastoral team participating in all staff/pastoral meetings, as well as special retreats.
(2) He shall be responsible to the Lead pastor ensuring that a monthly written report is submitted.
(3) He shall maintain accountability through consistent meetings with the Lead Pastor.
1. ReBOOT , our discipleship training tool, is available on request.
2. Mission: To know Christ and Make Him known.
Vision: Leading people to become committed followers of Jesus Christ.
1. We believe that God’s purpose for the church is transformation into the image of Christ.
2. We believe that this life change Jesus gives happens best in community:
(a) Corporate worship (b) Life groups (c) Serving in the Body
3. We believe in balanced life priorities: God first, then Marriage, Family and Church Community.
4. We believe lost people matter to God and ought to matter to us.
5. We believe our church needs to be culturally relevant, but doctrinally pure.
6. We believe, what we do in ministry, we need to do well.