This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs
like this one.
Minister of Music & Worship
St.Paul Missionary Baptist Church
Marion, Indiana, United States
Date Posted: 09/21/2011
Categories: Music Ministry
Church Size: 351 to 500
Job Type: Full-Time
MINISTER OF MUSIC & WORSHIP NEEDED (FULL TIME)
The St Paul Missionary Baptist Church of Marion, In. is seeking the services of a full-time Minister of Music & Worship. St Paul is an 87 year-old African American congregation affiliated with the National Baptist Convention, USA. Musically the qualified candidate will be a growing Christian who desires to join a staff team of a growing church. The qualified candidate will demonstrate proficiency with musical flavors including traditional gospel, hymns, contemporary gospel and praise and worship. An appreciation for anthems and spirituals is helpful but not required. Demonstrated proficiency with two or three musical instruments is required (Keyboards, Piano, Organ) as well as the ability to do some sight reading of music. Demonstrated experience in leading a music ministry team composed of multiple choirs/ensembles/groups and multiple musicians are required. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in music is preferred but not required. The selected candidate will receive a complete compensation package including salary, life insurance, health insurance, and retirement. Interested candidates should respond with a resume and cover letter summarizing pertinent qualifications. Deadline for submission of information is December 1, 2011. Information can be mailed, faxed, or e-mailed (preferred) to:
Carison L. Adams
St Paul Missionary Baptist Church
1204 W. 14th. Street
Marion, In, 46953
(765) 664-5411 – Church
(765) 668-0047 – Fax
Minister of Music & Worship Description
(Full-time, 40 hours/wk)
Revision Cycle: Annually
While carrying out the responsibilities of this position, the Minister of Music & Worship will:
• Play for all services of the Church, both regular and special (Sunday, Wednesday, revivals, & otherwise).
• Ability to deal with people with tact and discretion.
• Serve as accompanist for choirs, ensembles, praise team, and soloists in regular and special rehearsals and services.
• Coordinate the music for funerals and weddings associated with St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church as requested.
• Supervise the hiring of musicians as needed and recruit volunteer personnel as needed to staff the total music ministry.
• Supervise the development of an on-going training and orientation program to develop compensated and volunteer music ministry staff as needed.
• Enlist new members to participate in the various choirs, ensembles, etc. of the music ministry.
• Prepare and manage the annual Music & Worship ministry budget for the church.
• The ability to teach a range of voice parts.
• Work with the Senior Pastor in planning worship services.
• Supervise the selection of and teaching of music to the various choirs.
• Be a member of St Paul Missionary Baptist Church in good and regular standing.
• Regularly attend Small group Bible Study and prayer meeting.
• Schedule and maintain regular choir rehearsals.
• Exemplify and encourage a team spirit within the music ministry.
• Supervise the maintenance of music equipment (instruments, hymnals, sheet music, etc.)
• Perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
Accountable to: the Senior Pastor of St Paul Missionary Baptist Church
Accountable for: all choirs and musicians of the church; assigned ministries
Work closely with: musicians, the pastor, choir members & staff members.