Church of the Open Door’s mission is to lead people in the adventure of becoming like Christ. An integral part of leading people in that adventure is to develop excellent technical teams who enable our services and events to be transformational encounters with
God. As a Technical Arts Associate you must have excellent technical skills and experience, while also being able to envision, equip, and expand our technical arts ministry with excellent leadership skills and experience. The technical arts teams are responsible
for sound reinforcement, live video production, media and lighting requirements in our weekend services and campuses throughout the week.
Reports to: Director of Technical Arts
1. Contributes to the team spirit of the staff through fellowship, encouragement, cooperation, and prayer.
2. Recruit, train, encourages, and develops volunteer teams for the Worship Arts Technical teams.
Specific Responsibilities & Skills:
1. Individual contribution by providing hands on operation and training of the following systems: FOH mixing, ProPresenter programming and operation, Video recording and switching equipment, camera operation, lighting operation.
2. Assist in maintaining, cleaning and installing equipment.
3. Team Development
a. Identify, recruit and train volunteers to perform technical duties.
b. Assist in developing volunteer training manuals and equipment manuals.
4. Provide direct support to Open Door Christian School & Open Door Youth Ministries with FOH sound, lighting and assist students and adults with computer operations.
5. Assist with stage set design/lighting setup and tear down and equipment setup and tear down.
6. Ability to perform in a multi-task environment, with the ability to prioritize work requirements.
1. A mature, growing believer with commitment to spiritual integrity and excellence.
2. Effective communication skills (oral and written).
3. Proficient in Mac systems and Windows systems.
4. Experience in church technology environment is preferred.
5. Ability to work in a team environment that recruits, supervises, trains, and motivates volunteers.
6. Committed to the community at Church of the Open Door.
7. In agreement with our doctrine, mission, and methodologies of Church of the Open Door.